Titan Flail Mower

/ Titan Flail Mower
I'm also not sure the best way to set the cutting height. The roller bar despite the manual saying it is adjustable, it is not. I've been using the 3pt lift to adjust the height based on how high the safety chains are off the ground. This doesn't seem right as I'm constantly adjusting the 3pt height as I mow on uneven terrain. I emailed titan about adjusting the heigh as the manual says to move the roller, but that clearly is not an option.

/ Titan Flail Mower #22  
I'm also not sure the best way to set the cutting height. The roller bar despite the manual saying it is adjustable, it is not. I've been using the 3pt lift to adjust the height based on how high the safety chains are off the ground. This doesn't seem right as I'm constantly adjusting the 3pt height as I mow on uneven terrain. I emailed titan about adjusting the heigh as the manual says to move the roller, but that clearly is not an option.
I think I see a slot for your top link as well as just a hole. Are you using the slot?

My mower has the same problem with just two height adjustments. I use the lower setting and adjust the lift arms to the height I want and adjust my top link to the middle of the slot on level ground.

This plus the float on the vertical rotation cylinder works very well for me on uneven parts of my property.

/ Titan Flail Mower
I think I see a slot for your top link as well as just a hole. Are you using the slot?

My mower has the same problem with just two height adjustments. I use the lower setting and adjust the lift arms to the height I want and adjust my top link to the middle of the slot on level ground.

This plus the float on the vertical rotation cylinder works very well for me on uneven parts of my property.
I have both a hole and a slot for the top. I tried the slot yesterday, but wasn't sure where to set the top link in it. I'll try getting it setup on level surface again and putting top link in middle of slot after 3pt lift arms are set to give right height.

/ Titan Flail Mower #24  
The slot in the top link portion of the mounting system on these flail mowers permits the mower or a ground engaging implement to follow the ground more easily.

The top pin hole achieves nearly the same purpose but does not follow the ground contour as closely where the lower links simply follow the tractors path when using a mower.

When using the top pin hole mount or a lower pin hole mount on the top link you should adjust the top link to maintain a level plane by using a small bubble level or torpedo level on the top of the gearbox to show how level it is.
This assure the flail mow rotor and the flail mower side slicer, scoop knives or hammer knives will not hit the ground as easily.

/ Titan Flail Mower
Thanks for all the tips, I was able to get it setup much better last evening. Setting the 3pt just so the roller touched the ground and extending the top link much longer I was able to get the height I wanted. Also having that top link in the middle of the slot created a good float when mowing.

Finished up one of my fields and took a run at a section of driveway edge.

Attachments

• 1619053577508.png
    1619053577508.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 1619095869052.png
    1619095869052.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 145
   / Titan Flail Mower #26  
A quick test around the yard yielded good results. Initial impressions are to take it slow, there are lots of things to be watching and monitoring at the same time. I am also going to need to find a way to slow down the rear remotes, moving the hydraulics with engine RPMS at right level to run the implement are way to fast and jerky. I need to find a source for orifice disks or flow limiters online to order.

View attachment 694638
20220815_154649.jpg

/ Titan Flail Mower #27  
I bought the same flail mower. The first one arrived without the swing arm. I had to return it. They were very quick with getting me another one. I used it for about 25 hours and noticed a crack in the large swing arm tube. They're going to warranty it but can't tell me when I'll receive it. I'm going to get it fixed and strengthened. See the picture.

/ Titan Flail Mower #28  
I bought the same flail mower. The first one arrived without the swing arm. I had to return it. They were very quick with getting me another one. I used it for about 25 hours and noticed a crack in the large swing arm tube. They're going to warranty it but can't tell me when I'll receive it. I'm going to get it fixed and strengthened. See the picture.
Looks as if it has been spitting over time. Rust in the crack. Did you happen to hit anything or just normal use?