Titan

/ Titan #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
I've been planing to purchase a Titan toothbar for my JD 61" bucket and kept putting it off, so about 3 weeks ago I noticed the 60" bars are no longer available/out of stock except ebay had a used 60" only one left but by the time I decided to purchase it was gone also. After doing more searching I decided to get the 66" bar and modify it but they are only offering used ones of that size also. Well I went ahead and ordered the 66" used from ebay which was delivered in a couple days but it arrived with the mounting brackets one side bent and the other side twisted but they sent the 60" length that I originally wanted. I contacted Titan about the issues thinking the would make so kind of adjustment but they replied back stating to return it. What would you do ??
Is Titan getting out of the toothbar business or redesigning or even changing pricing?

/ Titan
Here are some pictures
IMG_0626.JPGIMG_0627.JPGIMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPGIMG_0630.JPGIMG_0631.JPG

/ Titan #3  
Easy to straighten with sledge hammer.

/ Titan #4  
Nice looking toothbar and appears very well made. Typically "used condition" implies your buying the equipment in its current condition or as is condition. Refurbished equipment implies its been fully restored by manufacturer to same specifications as new equipment.

If you don't have proper tools to repair and mount that toothbar on your bucket, i would just bring both to a metal welding and fabrication shop. Drop it off in the morning, pickup in the evening. Tell them exactly how you want it installed. Use high quality bolts, and spacers if necessary.

/ Titan
I’ll probably try to straighten it and use it , it’s heavy built and was not expensive.

/ Titan #6  
My suggestion is return it, and buy an EA tooth bar. That's what I did. I ordered a Titan one based on the attractive price. When it showed up, the bar was black, and all of the teeth were light brown.

When I contacted them, they were willing to reimburse me for the cost of a can of black spray paint... Because that will, of course, hold up to repeated use...

I said no thanks, and sent it back.

EA was a pleasure to work with, double-checked all of the measurements I needed, and sent me the exact size I needed.

When I bought my middle buster, I didn't waste my time and just ordered from EA.

Sometimes you can save a buck, but oftentimes it isn't worth the hassle. How much is your time worth to take it to a shop, etc. to make it right, versus just paying for what you need and not having to mess around?

If you're retired and have the time, maybe it's worth it. Maybe not. Your call.

/ Titan #7  
Never mentioned was the cost.
If the savings were good than the deal is still good, after all you mentioned U needed to modify anyway.
Heck hammer it straight, shim if necessary.
Once installed you'll never remember it had a bend/twist.

/ Titan #8  
Just hammer it straight and mount it on the bucket , The paint on the teeth will wear right off anyways...

/ Titan
I only paid $248.72 total after tax with delivery

/ Titan #10  
Nice...:thumbsup: