Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #261  
With many manufacturers now advertising ev, even in trucks (Ford Lightning, CyberTruck, Rivian) would you invest in an EV vehicle? If everything moves to electric, when do you think you would switch to an ev -- or maybe Hybrid. The future of gas and diesel looks questionable.

I bought a new truck in 2021. Things are changing. The V8 engine is almost a thing of the past. When do you think, as you shop for a new vehicle, you will consider EV as your best choice? Will that happen when you want to keep your truck 6-8 years and gas stations might become difficult to find?

Then there are EV tractors.

Just curious. Thought this when looking for a new truck.
Not in this life time.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #262  
How do they convert Dc to AC without dumping it into a storage vehicle to then allow an inverter to do a conversion.

You can't have direct DC to AC...impossible.

Its called an inverter. The inverter takes incoming DC from the solar array and converts it in REAL TIME to AC. They have been around for years. Here is a link to the one I have.
It works with grid tied systems.

They even make really small ones. 1000W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Welcome to the world of miracles.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #264  
With many manufacturers now advertising ev, even in trucks (Ford Lightning, CyberTruck, Rivian) would you invest in an EV vehicle? If everything moves to electric, when do you think you would switch to an ev -- or maybe Hybrid. The future of gas and diesel looks questionable.

I bought a new truck in 2021. Things are changing. The V8 engine is almost a thing of the past. When do you think, as you shop for a new vehicle, you will consider EV as your best choice? Will that happen when you want to keep your truck 6-8 years and gas stations might become difficult to find?

Then there are EV tractors.

Just curious. Thought this when looking for a new truck.
Well for me never. I remember when they were telling us about cell phones that we should not carry them in a shirt pocket, not to have them near your bed when sleeping, use hands free to keep it away from your head and now that EV came out all those health protection measures are not heard. Personally I still enjoy using Eddy and the Twins so I am not willing to sit on a huge battery and cook them. But hey that's just me. LOL

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #265  
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #266  
Climate change is real, it's been happening since time began, it's been scientifically proven that it can happen virtually over night as in Cyberia and northern Canada and down hear in the land of OZ .
EV's are not going to slow or stop climate change and in fact are going to accelerate carbon immersions regardless, simply by the mining and manufacture of the metals ( copper, aluminium, rare earths) along with the plastics that go in to making these EV'S, THERE ARE NO battery, solar or wind powered blast furnaces or mines to manufacture the most energy intensive metals required for these EV'S, they are sucker bait.

Fossil fuel prices are only going to get higher, most Power stations use coal or gas and if you think that wind powered or solar generators are going to drop the cost of Electricity or even try to compete you are deluded, just wait until winter comes around again, we are just in to winter now and electricity prices have already increased, cost verses demand, demand sets the price and Electric EV's are only going increase demand. Wind mills don't work real good in blizzards, heavy snow or rain neither do solar panels and batteries don't like the cold either.
There is nothing Green, Clean or cheap to run about EV's and never can be, the more there are the dirtier things will get.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #268  
Also, humans are responsible for the current pace of climate change and i believe it is our duty to do what we can to preserve the planet for our descendants and all the other creatures in our world. Clean energy is the right future.
I thought I was current on this. You must have access to scientific research I missed. Can you share?

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #269  
We already have a strained power grid and too many EV’s would equal more brownouts. The ‘head in the sand’ greenie’s are way short sighted as they try to shut down power plants and remove hydro power dams.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #270  
For new vehicles and new houses, electric is clearly the future. Older vehicles will remain useful and in use, much as the Stanley steamers ran for years after production stopped. Houses will have furnaces replaced with heat pumps in the fullness of time; gas stoves will be replaced with induction ones.
gas operated appliances are the most efficient source of energy in the market today. I'm not promoting gas as it's not available where I live but I do understand the science....and I have a heat pump that will not will not heat my home in the cold winter months in the north. I totally rely on my wood stove to do that. Most often this "blanket policy" from a single sourced energy policy (federally mandated) no less, does not offer the best options to people locally. (from their input).
I live in an area that is powered mostly by hydroelectricity that was designed originally to provide cheap power to the Pacific NW. But because we have to help supply the power grid the cost is no longer cheap. Heating my home with electricity is costly and inefficient.

So then you go to say Texas, Oklahoma, N. Mexico, Pennsylvania, etc, they have an abundance of natural gas and oil and you might expect the cost to be more competitive since they are near the source. So it makes sense for the sake of the immediate populations to feed a regional grid with the best available resources they have at hand. This also allows smaller suppliers back into the market so that a competition exists and can ultimately keep the costs more reasonable......The federal government and their large corporate partners are responsible for this energy crisis both in the past and off the charts today.

All viable economies today were and are built on fossil fuels....Yanking that abruptly is lunacy and gets us results that we don't want...as in today. Right now fossil fuels floats our boat. Maybe someday electric? just not today......... and not even in the near future as well. This cart before the horse tactic is irresponsible, defys common sense and reason, and above all is detrimental to the welfare of it's citizens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.