TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,101  
After my FIL passed away in January, we brought his guns to our house.

I'm kind of scratching my head over a bolt 12 gauge with detachable magazine with a 36" barrel. Talk about long...
Ah, the days of goose guns. I have a Winchester 37A single shot with a 36" full choke barrel. The extra barrel length didn't do squat for extending range, but it was a "thing" like magnum shot shells. I think I paid $37 for it at Kmart about 1972. I haven't shot it in years, but keep it around for nostalgia. The barrel won't handle steel shot. In the old days, I took a lot of ducks with that, back when the limits were 17 ducks or a dozen snows a day.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,102  
Picked up my Henry 22LR. H001 today. Shot about 50 rounds, but have to make dinner. Free hand at 25 yards, its a bit low and right. Fun little gun. Bass Pro had no 22LR in stock, but they had 25 rnd box of Federal 2.75" 12 gauge 7.5 shot, so I grabbed one box. Tried Dicks, and atleast that store had removed everything gun, ammo, or hunting from the store. Then stopped at Rural King, and at 5pm, no ammo. Earlier I hit the local Feed store, and they had 50 rnd boxes of 22LR CCI minimags for $17.99/50, which I left on the shelf. They also had some RL-17, RL-19, RL-26, and Retumbo, all for $49.95/pound. No primers, but he said they had 2 boxes earlier in the week.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,103  
Love Utah, especially southern Utah. Its an amazing place. So much to see and so vast. I could live there so easily. The hay is so perfectly green and dry. Cars never rust. Open range, buttes, arches..... the dryest, cleanest air. Just perfect.
Thanks for posting that picture.
Not quite perfect, I believe they get snow there!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,104  
Glock 31 in .357 magnum anyone?
I am looking to replace a revolver in same cal.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,105  
Glock 357 is not 357 Magnum but 357 SIG. Same caliber, different cartridge. Performance is about the same with the 125 grain bullets.

357-sig-vs-357-magnum-1-690x450.jpg

Bruce

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,106  
Shot a swimming muskrat yesterday morning from the big deck. He was almost to the dock and I shot in a hurry & a tad high. He dove under vs 'helicoptering' in situ, swam North ~5 yd, surfaced, and turned toward shore and toward me. He'd been hit or would have stayed under and would swim further if not. I took another shot and hit high again. :rolleyes:

I didn't find it .. yet, struggled. with the thermal's eye-cup with my glasses on and with so much light coming in behind the lenses. I'll check feeding areas to see if there's another or this one recovered but hope that'll be it for a while. Later on I installed Hi-Vis front and rear sights, just pulled from the Mossy 500 to add a Gen 1+ NV scope. (ATN Paladin 390, nice)

Meanwhile, goose scaring (noise making) is getting tricky now that mallards are here too, that I want to welcome back this year. Livestock fencing to make 'duck tubes' for them is late getting here. From a 4' x 25' roll I'll have enough to make three & won't need a whole square bale of hay.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,108  
Oh, why I bumped was to share a website I find informational and entertaining. No full-auto mags dumps to wound three hogs, more like careful stalking and shooting. Ethical hunting at it its best with much consideration for line of fire. Who doesn't wish they could hunt with Brian??

YT channel here.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,109  
Glock 357 is not 357 Magnum but 357 SIG. Same caliber, different cartridge. Performance is about the same with the 125 grain bullets.

View attachment 690132
Bruce
Good catch. Meant to say I want to replace a .357 revolver with a Glock 31 in .357 Sig.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,110  
Had a beaver move into my bottoms, tearing up a bunch of trees... well he's done now! 6.5 CM at about 65 yards. Need to watch and see if he has any friends..