TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,151  
I'd have used my forks (with or without grapple).
I couldn't drag him to where I could use my tractor/forks, he was too big and heavy.

I had to skid him with the tractor winch for that...

Resized-20221120-184839-S.jpg

SR

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,152  
I couldn't drag him to where I could use my tractor/forks, he was too big and heavy.

I had to skid him with the tractor winch for that...

Resized-20221120-184839-S.jpg

SR
Nice buck . . . you kept him cool skidding him home . . . :D ;).

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,153  
This was a month ago. Got rid of my old dilapidated chicken coop, to the burn pile
image000000.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,159  
Took down a second small oak, but a bit bigger than the one about 7 posts earlier, around the upper limit of what I will try to take down myself. It went faster. Aim was good, at most 10 degrees from where I wanted it to fall (it didn't look difficult and I didn't put a rope on it as I always do when it might be difficult). I didn't dig much at all around the roots, and let the machine do more of the work, pushing it back and forth. I was pulling it toward me with the bottom rear of the bucket raised up high, then pushing it with the edge, rather than driving around the tree and turning around. I also did better at cutting it into sections that weren't foolishly short but also weren't painful to lift, to minimize the effort of getting it into the brush pile (my brush pile is sort of a log pile lately).

Practice equals gradual improvement.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,160  
^^^ Just watch out for the root balls

They can sometimes be larger than expected and once the tree goes over, come up under the front of your tractor.