Today's Welding time!

/ Today's Welding time! #51  
My daughter got a wood puzzle dinosaur just like that for Christmas. Same type of construction, joints and virtually everything.

/ Today's Welding time! #52  
Skin cancer comes in many forms, welding is one of them, so cover up!! Sticks rods on ferrous steel aren't as bad as Tig welding stainless or Aluminum, but still, why take the chance?
Nice Dinosaur,
David from jax

/ Today's Welding time!
Recently put on one of those inexpensive 'fancy' flow meters on my C25 tank. Apparently I forgot to shut off the gas at the tank after my last use, because I lost a bunch of gas. Wondering if flow meters are more prone to leak than the typical dual dials with pressure behind them?

Went to my LWS and cost to swap was $62.95 plus a $2.50 hazmat fee plus tax. Didn't know C25/Ar75 was hazardous!

Got home and see the invoice says volume 162 so not sure if that was a mistake or what. Tank is about 4ft tall and 7.5in diameter. I thought that equated to a 120cf tank.

/ Today's Welding time! #55  
You can have them take it off. It's a bogus fee for that. Airgas right? Hazmat is likely the brass?

Flow meters are the only thing I've ever used. They are more common to me than the dial flow meters and more expensive. Probably just needed to squeeze the clamp a little tighter on the hose. But I'd suspect that if your unit has any age on it, it is the solenoid. One way to check: leave it on again. Another issue is it could be leaking around the cylinder valve or threads. Soapy water works well.

/ Today's Welding time!
You can have them take it off. It's a bogus fee for that. Airgas right? Hazmat is likely the brass?
No, it was Pacific Welding Supply. They are now affiliated with Central Welding Supply. Brass? You mean the valve?

/ Today's Welding time! #59  
Ha ha... pretty soon high school marching bands will be hazardous.

I've heard some that are definitely a sonic hazard. :laughing:

Seriously, though ... I was working for a pipe organ company when all of that RoHS garbage started hitting. Talk about almost shutting down an entire industry. Organ pipes are made of lead and tin. They eventually offered exemptions to certain industries, but it's only a matter of time before someone tries to add oxygen to the list. As a quality manager, I have to deal with this silliness all the time. It's frustrating, to say the least.

/ Today's Welding time! #60  
I'm pretty sure Oxygen is ALREADY on Kalifornya's mile-long list of "carcinogens" :rolleyes: ...Steve