Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #41  
I turned an 1/8 off the diameter. It's 4-3/8 now. I think I have an idea how to lock it into the tractor I have a couple parts coming to see if it will work.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #42  
I would be concerned about a metal tool box rusting over time. Which is why I chose a plastic Craftsman toolbox, that and the cost: $10 at the store. My next little project will be figuring out a way to carry gloves and maybe a sweatshirt, keeping them from dropping off the tractor while travelling thru the woods to grandma's house.

P1010812.jpg

P1010814.jpg

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #43  
I would be concerned about a metal tool box rusting over time. Which is why I chose a plastic Craftsman toolbox, that and the cost: $10 at the store. My next little project will be figuring out a way to carry gloves and maybe a sweatshirt, keeping them from dropping off the tractor while travelling thru the woods to grandma's house.

View attachment 495754

View attachment 495755

I have that exact tool box and it is perfect for it's use. None better for most of us.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #44  
I put an orange Homer box from Home Depot to replace the tiny box in back on my L3200.

However my new L4060 has no tool box at all. Because of the cab there is no place in back to mount a toolbox. Only possibilities I've seen so far are PVC pipe in the loader mounting tubes & replacing the loader joystick step with a toolbox.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #46  
I like the way you pinned that. Looks great

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders

View attachment 495754

View attachment 495755

No question that the best place for a tool box is between the ROPS uprights. Unfortunately, for those of us with a cab or BH, it isn't an option.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #48  
No question that the best place for a tool box is between the ROPS uprights. Unfortunately, for those of us with a cab or BH, it isn't an option.

With a BH - that's not entirely true. I was able to mount a 30 cal ammo box, but I mounted a plate to the ROPS cross bar and mounted the box to the plate a few inches in front of the ROPS. It gives just enough clearance between the BH and tractor seats. I use it to carry a qt of bar & chain oil, a scrench, and will probably put a few odd spare parts in there.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders
With a BH - that's not entirely true. I was able to mount a 30 cal ammo box, but I mounted a plate to the ROPS cross bar and mounted the box to the plate a few inches in front of the ROPS. It gives just enough clearance between the BH and tractor seats. I use it to carry a qt of bar & chain oil, a scrench, and will probably put a few odd spare parts in there.

That sounds interesting. Could you post a picture? With the seat all the way back on my MX5800, there is but a half inch clearance between it and the seat of my BH92 hoe. I could mount a box higher up on the ROPS but modifying it in any way is a bad idea. It opens up a legal can of worms should there ever be a rollover accident.

I made a bolt on bracket to hold a tool box above the right fender of my L3430. It attached to the ROPS using the existing mounting bolts so no modification was necessary. I may try to modify the bracket to fit the MX. I'll post some pics when I get around to it.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #50  
Got it finished up and painted it. Horrible idea to paint it when it fits really well without it. Had to scrap and sand all my paint back off so it fit again. I used a 1/4 cotterless pin and some 1/16 cable and some ferrules I got from Lowe's today. Turned out pretty well and now I'll always have a chain with me.

1485007862313.jpg