Top and tilt for CT2025?

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #21  
I measured my CT2025 top link lengths yesterday and it seems to me that it is sized poorly for the tractor. I took the following measurements with 3pt at about 6 because it put lower link level with tractor so I could use it as reference for quick hitch angle (didn’t have flat ground to park on):

Minimum 18 3/4”
Maximum 29 3/4” (approx because no stopper to prevent link coming completely apart)
Quick hitch 90 degrees to ground 22”

From level implement there is only 3 1/4” of travel to tilt top forward and 7 3/4” to tilt it back.

Shouldn’t this be more centred? It’s like the top link was sized for longer lower arms.

The down side is that I can’t get very aggressive with a box blade and looking to the winter I won’t be able to reduce the aggressiveness of a rear angle blade while plowing snow on gravel driving forward.

Anyone have different experiences with this? I’m trying to decide on the length of a hydraulic top link.
IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

Last edited:
   / Top and tilt for CT2025? #22  
I normally provide an 18"-25" working length. You can only do so much with a single stage hydraulic.

Based on your 22 1/2" measurement I would say that it should be 18 3/4"-25 3/4". :unsure:

I believe that the manufacturers have a habit of using the same link for several different size models providing less than ideal working lengths. I see this on both top & side links.
I have seen it as bad as that you could get ZERO forward tilt with the top link fully collapsed. o_O

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #23  
Category 1 3-Point hitch measurements are set by SAE standards. Your top link looks normal. I get my HYD top links at smalink.com
1622213716826.png
They have stock today.

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #24  
I normally provide an 18"-25" working length. You can only do so much with a single stage hydraulic.

Based on your 22 1/2" measurement I would say that it should be 18 3/4"-25 3/4". :unsure:

I believe that the manufacturers have a habit of using the same link for several different size models providing less than ideal working lengths. I see this on both top & side links.
I have seen it as bad as that you could get ZERO forward tilt with the top link fully collapsed. o_O

Thanks, that is helpful. I remember reading a post of yours regarding the length, but couldn’t find it. Could only find posts with pictures of the kit.

I think with my current implements and intended use I will bias toward the forward tilt as long as there is a little back tilt for dragging the back edge of box blade. Could always use an extension if needing more back tilt in the future as long as it isn’t something I’m trying to push in reverse.

What do you recommend for diameters and hence push/pull force?

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #25  
Category 1 3-Point hitch measurements are set by SAE standards. Your top link looks normal. I get my HYD top links at smalink.com View attachment 700309 They have stock today.

Thanks, that is helpful. I remember reading a post of yours regarding the length, but couldn’t find it. Could only find posts with pictures of the kit.

I think with my current implements and intended use I will bias toward the forward tilt as long as there is a little back tilt for dragging the back edge of box blade. Could always use an extension if needing more back tilt in the future as long as it isn’t something I’m trying to push in reverse.

What do you recommend for diameters and hence push/pull force?
I provide a 2" dia cylinder with a 1 1/4" dia rod. There is no good reason to go with a larger dia cylinder. The tractor just does not have the capability to warrant anything larger.

Maybe something like this for an off the shelf unit. Keep in mind that most off the shelf units can be pin location limited meaning you may not be able to use the lowest pin location without fear of binding.

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #26  
Has anyone tried adding a hydraulic tilt cylinder that did not have the angled top connection that comes on the manual link? Just wondering if there is enough clearance at the ball socket. Neither Bobcat or Kioti dealers local to me could find anything in their parts lists for this

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #27  
They are both spring return with a detent on one of the rear remotes on my CT2540. I’m guessing it is likely the same for your tractor but I may be wrong.

I installed a top link cylinder from Agristore last week and connected it to the remote with detent feature because ergonomically it makes more sense to use the further right remote lever for tilt cylinder that will be installed on the right.

I’m happy to report that the detent valve works well for the tilt cylinder and has great speed modulation. I was afraid the cylinder would move too fast, but I’m glad I didn’t invest in speed control valves before testing it as is.

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #28  
Did you end up getting one with check valves? I'd like to pick up the top and side link for my machine in the near future. What size hose did you end up using for connections?

/ Top and tilt for CT2025? #29  
Did you end up getting one with check valves? I'd like to pick up the top and side link for my machine in the near future. What size hose did you end up using for connections?

Just recently added the top link and I did buy one with the check valve included. It is working great so far and I’ve experienced no drift of the cylinder.

I have the backhoe and have discovered the clearance is tight and requires further customization of the tilt cylinder. I would go with what Brian at FitRite Hydraulics has suggested as a solution, but I want to do driveway grading with it sooner so I’m going to pick up a standard 2” cylinder and clevis ends and bring the parts to my ship when I join next week and attempt the modification myself.

I may end up ordering from Brian, but we’ll see how it goes.

EDIT: just realized I didn’t answer your question. The cylinder had 3/8”NPT male adaptor so the hose was 3/8” with female 90 degree elbow and swivel on one end. The other end I had made with 1/2” NPT because Bobcat’s remotes are 1/2” quick connect and need the larger thread to attach.

Last edited: