Tracks on a UTV

/ Tracks on a UTV
Nice pictures!

/ Tracks on a UTV #42  
Thanks, I do have a long history of operating machines with pods, while in snow. :p
Rhino CR in heavey snow I.jpg
defdeepsnow095.jpg

/ Tracks on a UTV #43  
While snowshoeing to check a trail out today, we spied ATV tracks with pods. Could have been a UTV but i'd guess to narrow for that.
P1090876.jpg

/ Tracks on a UTV
Not yet on my part...maybe one, thinking about it...
Which manufacturer is the best, in your opinion?

/ Tracks on a UTV #46  
Soucy built pods are the only ones I'd buy. Kimplex is there name brand. The pod you see below was sold by Polaris and made by Soucy.
bosspods.jpg

/ Tracks on a UTV #47  
Roy, I cannot tell you which are best. I have had Camso track systems on my Kubota RTV-x1100 for the last three winters. Definitely a bit of a chore to put on and off each fall/spring by myself, they are heavy. But, I absolutely love them. For me, it's all about traction, whether it be plowing snow or the real reason I got them, to pull fish houses on the lake. With the Kubota, it's all low and slow anyway. Slower with the tracks, but I don't mind. The traction with the weight of the Kubota is incredible. Have had instances where my full size pickup couldn't pull another out of deep snow due to traction. Hooked the Kubota with tracks to them, put it in low, and walked them right out. Amazes me how the tracks grab snow across the wide footprint. I've also run through powder as deep as 15" and floated right through it.

/ Tracks on a UTV #48  
Not yet on my part...maybe one, thinking about it...
Which manufacturer is the best, in your opinion?

I tried them out years ago on the “back 40“ of the dealers property, on a Can-Am 800. It was just amazing how much fun they were, and how well they performed in deep snow. I don’t know how deep it got, but I was too afraid to ever get off of the machine to find out!

/ Tracks on a UTV #49  
It is easier to have someone help you put pods on and off, nonetheless I put these on by myself. You don't pick them up and move them, you roll them into position then raise and lower the machine you're putting them onto. Our rears weight over 100lbs each.

I found a few more photo of pods being switched out and just ask if you'd like me to post them.

boss anti-roationmount1.jpg
pod0735.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tracks on a UTV #50  
Mine are coming off today if I get around to it. The traction is pretty amazing along with the added ground clearance and "bridging" of the holes and ruts under the snow all contribute to this almost go anywhere bolt on attachment.
We just took an hour or so last run around our land and down to the camp. Looking forward to spring + summer. It's about 50/50 bare ground and ice-snow that is very compacted.