Tractor securing.

/ Tractor securing. #1  

sailorman3

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510
I’m new to the tractor owner world. I just ordered a Kioti CK 2610 and a 18 foot trailer. it will probably be a month before I get it but that hasn’t deterred me from getting the bug. I thinking securing methods now. I picked up four 5400 pound rachet load binders today to secure it to the trailer. What rate and sized chain would I need for securing. I know the load binders are a bit of a over kill but they were on sale for $14 each so I couldn’t go wrong. Also where would there be good securing points on the tractor. It will have a loader and backhoe on it. Thanks.

/ Tractor securing. #2  
5/16” Grade 70 would be sufficient for your needs. Go 3/8” Grade 70 if you want some overkill but it’s heavy. Make sure your hooks and clevis’s are also G70.

/ Tractor securing. #3  
Grade 70 5/16 4700 pound rated chain is adequate and far exceeds any DOT requirements. 3/8 is beyond overkill and heavy to drag around. I never do but the loader and implements are supposed to be chained separate of the tractor.

/ Tractor securing. #4  
Four chains are always great but on equipment under 10k you only need two. I hauled my tractor home yesterday and used a 3/8 G70 through the draw bar pin for the rear and two 3/8 G70 on the front tied to the lower grill guard.

/ Tractor securing.
Thanks for the info. Like I said I’m new to owning my own and it’s a big investment for me. I like to do thing’s right.

/ Tractor securing. #6  
Four chains are always great but on equipment under 10k you only need two. I hauled my tractor home yesterday and used a 3/8 G70 through the draw bar pin for the rear and two 3/8 G70 on the front tied to the lower grill guard.
The OP's CK 2610 weighs 2,700 lbs.
Your RX 7320 weighs 6,000 lbs+. You really should use 4 chains, (one on each corner) but you do not need 3/8" chain!
It would be absolutely nuts for the OP to use 3/8" chain, on a 2,700 lb tractor!

Last edited:
   / Tractor securing. #7  
Take a look at Tractor Time with Tim. Home - Tractor Time With Tim
Tim has a you tube channel with a playlist on the subject of trailering tractors that is very good. The videos will help keep you from going crazy while waiting for your tractor to arrive.

Dave

/ Tractor securing.
The OP's CK 2610 weighs 2,700 lbs.
Your RX 7320 weighs 6,000 lbs+. You really should use 4 chains, (one on each corner) but you do not need 3/8" chain!
It would be absolutely nuts for the OP to use 3/8" chain, on a 2,700 lb tractor!
Actually the tractor weighs almost 5000 with the loader, the backhoe and the ballast in the tires. I will be going with 4 chains. I just bought two 20 foot 5/16 grade 70 chains and cut them in half. Those chains are not cheap. Lol

/ Tractor securing. #9  
Actually the tractor weighs almost 5000 with the loader, the backhoe and the ballast in the tires. I will be going with 4 chains. I just bought two 20 foot 5/16 grade 70 chains and cut them in half. Those chains are not cheap. Lol
Price can vary a lot depending on where you buy them.
I have 6 of the twenty footers, and did not cut any of them in half, to keep the full length available for other potential uses.

/ Tractor securing.
Price can vary a lot depending on where you buy them.
I have 6 of the twenty footers, and did not cut any of them in half, to keep the full length available for other potential uses.
Where I’m at it was $70 for a 20 footer.