Tractor securing.

/ Tractor securing. #11  
Also where would there be good securing points on the tractor. It will have a loader and backhoe on it. Thanks.
I just purchased the same unit minus the backhoe in January. First tractor and it has been great so far.

As far as mounting points there doesn’t seem to be and really good ones. When we loaded it the dealer used the front skip plate under the axle. Then one each wrapper around the back axle. Finally one on the loader to keep it down on the trailer deck.

Drive 6 hrs from Edmonton to saskatoon without issue. (Local dealer had no ETA on stock)

Hope this helps

/ Tractor securing.
I just purchased the same unit minus the backhoe in January. First tractor and it has been great so far.

As far as mounting points there doesn’t seem to be and really good ones. When we loaded it the dealer used the front skip plate under the axle. Then one each wrapper around the back axle. Finally one on the loader to keep it down on the trailer deck.

Drive 6 hrs from Edmonton to saskatoon without issue. (Local dealer had no ETA on stock)

Hope this helps
I saw on a video where they put the chain right through the loader arms through the support pipe. That should be a good place. I wish I could buy one in Alberta. Here in Newfoundland we get bled dry. It would be thousands less in Alberta. Just in Nova Scotia it was $4500 less but they wouldn’t sell me one because I wasn’t in their dealer area. If they did it would be no warranty.

/ Tractor securing. #13  
Actually the tractor weighs almost 5000 with the loader, the backhoe and the ballast in the tires. I will be going with 4 chains. I just bought two 20 foot 5/16 grade 70 chains and cut them in half. Those chains are not cheap. Lol

That’s what I did but they’re about too short to go all the way across. They’re fine for a 4 corner job. I’m probably going to get some 25 foot ones and cut in half.

/ Tractor securing. #14  
Where I’m at it was $70 for a 20 footer.
Oh yes!
I am intimately familiar with Canadian prices, I sold my Nova Scotia Summer home just two years ago, and prices were absurd!

/ Tractor securing. #15  
A decent hardware store sells chain by the foot. And you can probably tell if USA made.

/ Tractor securing. #16  
The OP's CK 2610 weighs 2,700 lbs.
Your RX 7320 weighs 6,000 lbs+. You really should use 4 chains, (one on each corner) but you do not need 3/8" chain!
It would be absolutely nuts for the OP to use 3/8" chain, on a 2,700 lb tractor!
I didn’t need 3/8“ but I hauled it home on my semi and all it has in the boxes is 3/8” chain - about twenty of them and a handful of 1/2”. I don’t carry any 5/16” as most of what I haul is over 20k lbs. I agree four chains is always best but on equipment under 10k two meets the requirement. I plan to add some tie down points on the tractor so it is easy to attach four.

After working with these heavier chains for so long 5/16” just feels so dinky to me. I know it is good for 4,700 lb but 3/8” is no problem to handle so I just use it for everything. 1/2” is where chain starts getting really heavy and hard to handle.

/ Tractor securing. #17  
bdog, use’em if you got’em. Nothing ‘nuts’ about it. (y) It’s also harder for a borrower to break 3/8”. Them losing it is another story.

Last edited:
   / Tractor securing. #18  
Actually the tractor weighs almost 5000 with the loader, the backhoe and the ballast in the tires. I will be going with 4 chains. I just bought two 20 foot 5/16 grade 70 chains and cut them in half. Those chains are not cheap. Lol
Before you cut them in half, consider using one end on one corner and the other end on the opposing corner. Run the unused and slack center section of chain under the tractor where it can lay while the corners are tied down. Use your chain binder of choice at each corner. THIS video gives a demonstration.

I know tractor guys like chains instead of ratchet straps but 2" straps at at each corner are quite safe for 5,000# tractors and such. I have put a lot of miles on a loaded car hauler carrying cars and trucks and have never had a problem. Hauling for hire requires DOT compliance and I am not meaning to contradict those rules.

...ned.

/ Tractor securing.
Before you cut them in half, consider using one end on one corner and the other end on the opposing corner. Run the unused and slack center section of chain under the tractor where it can lay while the corners are tied down. Use your chain binder of choice at each corner. THIS video gives a demonstration.

I know tractor guys like chains instead of ratchet straps but 2" straps at at each corner are quite safe for 5,000# tractors and such. I have put a lot of miles on a loaded car hauler carrying cars and trucks and have never had a problem. Hauling for hire requires DOT compliance and I am not meaning to contradict those rules.

...ned.
Thanks. I believe that is the way I will go. Also saves on buying 4 more hooks. Cheaper all around. Lol

/ Tractor securing. #20  
If the tractor has a fel and backhoe installed it’s good practice to tie down the tractor while the implements are raised. That way the tires are compressed by the weight of the tractor. Lower the implements and chain them if required. Dutchy