Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant)

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #91  
The strange thing is the original name was changed to user.69169 and now that doesn't work either if you click it or search for it.
View attachment 695078

Yep you are correct.

Oh well - I enjoyed some of his posts. He had a good sense of humor.

MoKelly

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #92  
Canadians are spoiled. (if U have a branch nearby)
Princess Auto seems to be the store that Tractor supply was once.
Last week I visited looking to get hydraulic components and was I impressed.
Hundreds of cylinder choices, gears, sprockets, adaptors, shafting, and a custom hose fabrication.
Tools, welding supplies etc.
Good promotional specials and a cool surplus section.
They must be doing something right as this is their 50th store across Canada.
Kind of set up as in warehouse style but each aisle/section well identified.
Really a DIY guy's paradise.
Friendly VERY knowledgable staff as well. (and lots on hand)

I would not go as far as to say 'best prices or deals' but would say very fair pricing but very well stocked.
AND, I'm a picky informed consumer that constantly monitors pricing trends.

Frequent decent 'specials' that are very attractive.
Ownership is also very patriotic and respects military service discounts.

As to Covid they are very consciously complying.

No, I'm not in any way associated, just a pleasantly surprised consumer.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #94  
Canadians are spoiled. (if U have a branch nearby)
Princess Auto seems to be the store that Tractor supply was once.
Last week I visited looking to get hydraulic components and was I impressed.
Hundreds of cylinder choices, gears, sprockets, adaptors, shafting, and a custom hose fabrication.
Tools, welding supplies etc.
Good promotional specials and a cool surplus section.
They must be doing something right as this is their 50th store across Canada.
Kind of set up as in warehouse style but each aisle/section well identified.
Really a DIY guy's paradise.
Friendly VERY knowledgable staff as well. (and lots on hand)

I would not go as far as to say 'best prices or deals' but would say very fair pricing but very well stocked.
AND, I'm a picky informed consumer that constantly monitors pricing trends.

Frequent decent 'specials' that are very attractive.
Ownership is also very patriotic and respects military service discounts.

As to Covid they are very consciously complying.

No, I'm not in any way associated, just a pleasantly surprised consumer.

That doesn't sound like our TSC. Most of their business is pet food, chicken and horse feed.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #95  
Tractor Supply Co. looks like an interesting case study between what customers think (on TBN) and what investors think. Just for fun, I compared TSCO stock price with the Standard and Poor's 500 over the last 3 years. S&P 500 has been on a tear- up 57% in 3 years. Incredibly, TSCO is up 200% in the same 3 years!

Decades ago, a rockstar mutual fund manager (forgot his name) wrote a book on investing. One of his tips was that consumers often know a company better than the analysts do and it might take awhile for the analysts to figure it out. E15FA584-5862-4C30-82FB-17AFF602BA33.png

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #96  
Tractor Supply Co. looks like an interesting case study between what customers think (on TBN) and what investors think. Just for fun, I compared TSCO stock price with the Standard and Poor's 500 over the last 3 years. S&P 500 has been on a tear- up 57% in 3 years. Incredibly, TSCO is up 200% in the same 3 years!

Decades ago, a rockstar mutual fund manager (forgot his name) wrote a book on investing. One of his tips was that consumers often know a company better than the analysts do and it might take awhile for the analysts to figure it out.View attachment 695803
I was wondering when this was going to come up.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #97  
That doesn't sound like our TSC. Most of their business is pet food, chicken and horse feed.
I've only been familiar with TSC for 10-12 years when they expanded into this part of the country, and that's pretty much what they've been the whole time. I don't know what they were like many years ago.

To me multiple aisles of rubber bones, dog biscuits and other crap like that seems excessive, but it seems to work for them.

Are TBN'ers "typical" TSC customers? The store nearest me always seems to be busy, they must be doing something right. Maybe the word "tractor" in their name is taken by some to mean they're an ag supply store?

Speaking of store names...I'd never heard of Princess Auto before this thread, but that seems to be kind of a wimpy name for an ag store.

Stock prices (in the short term) can be deceiving...does anyone think Tesla is worth even 10% of what it's stock price is?

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #98  
TSC is doing well around here because there is limited competition. We used to have another farm/hardware store and a feed mill, but those closed up years ago. There is some competition 30 miles away, but the price of fuel recently makes me think twice about shopping further away.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #99  
Tractor Supply is getting heat for the birds they are selling. This popped up on YouTube today. This is a popular channel for homesteaders and he laid it all out for everyone to see after getting the run around from TSC.

https://youtu.be/puU_A7A3-dM

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #100  
Tractor Supply is getting heat for the birds they are selling. This popped up on YouTube today. This is a popular channel for homesteaders and he laid it all out for everyone to see after getting the run around from TSC.

https://youtu.be/puU_A7A3-dM

Hey, doesn’t everyone want to start their own flock?

IMG_1365.JPG

MoKelly