Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant)

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #72  
I still don't undertand how they are going to be happy dominationg only half a billion people? That part has me scratching my head.

Drove by a couple of out new Pervie (Formerly TSC stores.) today. WTF is that?

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #73  
Drove by a couple of out new Pervie (Formerly TSC stores.) today. WTF is that?

Ha!!! Peavey Mart is the new name as Peavey Industries owned TSC. They are “rebranding” the stores with their corporate name.

I assume the TSC name was not all that valuable.

But Peavey is much better than Pervie!!!

MoKelly

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #74  
i ordered a 15# box of TSC's retriever brand LARGE dog bones for my dog..there the only brand she will eat. she literally spits out milkbone.

anyways, 3 days later i get a text message from TSC that there in. i go down there and....they hand me a large box of EXTRA large bones.....like for a great dane sized dog. there huge. i show them the receipt i have and it says large 15# box. she insists this 15# box of EXTRA LARGE are the same thing. oh brother. i ask to talk to someone else.

after about 15-20 minutes the manager shows up and tells me they dont stock or sell large ones. i show him the web site that shows 15# box of large bones. he shrugs and walks off. another employee comes up to me and hands me 3 of the 5# bags of large bones and tells me to quickly leave, hell adjust the bill.

oh brother, what a way to run a business.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #75  
i ordered a 15# box of TSC's retriever brand LARGE dog bones for my dog..there the only brand she will eat. she literally spits out milkbone.

anyways, 3 days later i get a text message from TSC that there in. i go down there and....they hand me a large box of EXTRA large bones.....like for a great dane sized dog. there huge. i show them the receipt i have and it says large 15# box. she insists this 15# box of EXTRA LARGE are the same thing. oh brother. i ask to talk to someone else.

after about 15-20 minutes the manager shows up and tells me they dont stock or sell large ones. i show him the web site that shows 15# box of large bones. he shrugs and walks off. another employee comes up to me and hands me 3 of the 5# bags of large bones and tells me to quickly leave, hell adjust the bill.

That is terrible. I am so glad our local TSC is pretty well ran and usually has items stocked or can deliver from another nearby store. In fact I had a 3 gal. pan delivered same day from the second closest store without delivery fees since the local one was out.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #76  
I was buying feed at TSC, but found a local hardware store where it was cheaper. After a while that had a hard time keeping it in stock, saying that ordering was done by "Corporate" but they would have it in next week. Since my turkeys really don't like going a week without food I went into a little "Mom and Pops" general store for feed; and found that they are cheaper than both of the big chains I"d been buying from.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #77  
That is terrible. I am so glad our local TSC is pretty well ran and usually has items stocked or can deliver from another nearby store. In fact I had a 3 gal. pan delivered same day from the second closest store without delivery fees since the local one was out.
I believe it all depends on the manager how the stock levels are maintained and if the store is neat or junky. We have 3 within a fair distance and one is junky and the other 2 aren't.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #78  
This is a timber and ranching area. The big ag source here is the Farmer's Co-op, which has a big store that stocks small quantity ag chemicals (under 5 gallon or 100 lb. bags), lots of pump and plumbing stuff, western and work clothes, and a half a dozen warehouses full of tanks, culverts, drain lines, implements, etc. They have a yard out of town that sells bulk chemicals, feed, hay, seed, etc. At the end of the year you get a check for your share of the profits.

About 20 or 25 years ago Coastal Farm and Ranch came in. They must do good, because they closed the first store they built and built another 3x the size. They sell some fittings and hardware, hoses, etc., a lot of clothing, and are a good place to buy discount firearms. It's where I bought my Mk III. I picked up a 3-point sprayer at auction that needed new hoses, and Coastal had good high pressure hoses in stock.

TSC recently built a store just off the freeway, the first one I've seen in this area. It's not a big store, only about 100x200, so I don't expect much equipment inventory.

The Co-op has a shop that rebuilds pumps. NAPA will fab hydraulic hoses. I don't expect any farm store to be a 1-stop shopping experience.

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #79  

Hell my pharmacy is the same way. For what ever reason my dr prescribed 2 5MG pills am and pm of a certain med. The insurance company would only cover 1 10MG pill am and pm. The pharmacy said I needed to call the insurance co to work it out..... ummm.... isnt that the same thing? Just give me the 10mg pills. Pharmacist himself had to get involved to approve that.....

Stupid ppl abound......

/ Tractor Supply - how does it work?? (rant) #80  
Recent local news article: "Tractor Supply Company buys Orscheln Farm and Home stores"

We have 3 TSC within 10 miles of the farm and 1 Orscheln, both have there strong suits, but if you need anything serious farm wise, better look elsewhere.