Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,101  
I am jealous already

gg
I've wanted a mill for years but never could justify it. 17 years ago I had a chance to buy a BelSaw which had been stored undercover, had never been set up, and was still in the crate; but I had just started my current job and couldn't connect with the guy.
This spring I sold a piece of land and spent the profit on a cheap Woodmizer. I have a building started to (finally) store my tractor and equipment. Just the OSB was going to be around $1500; the mill is $4150 including the engine upgrade, an extra length of track, and 5 spare blades.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,102  
We always used to put up firewood for the year in August.

On March 23 while it was on sale I ordered the bottom of the line Woodmizer, the LX25.https://woodmizer.com/Store/Shop/Portable-Sawmills/LX25-Portable-Sawmill It's scheduled to be built on August 12... hopefully I will have it for Labor Day. I chose it for price; also because it's a Woodmizer, and because it was very easy to build.
The ironic thing is that I also considered Norwood but couldn't find the secret code to get information such as price and build time; you need to contact a salesman for that. Yet their videos on Youtube are free, easy to find, and very easy to follow and understand.
Why don't they put the same guy in charge of their website? :confused: :D
I was looking at their LX55 and going back and forth with the Norwood. Norwood has their pricing and ship times on the website. I watched the Woodmizer video and that looked a little quicker to assemble. But then the wait time was at 11 months so I decided to wait. My neighbor has a mill and I bring all my big logs down the hill to his Grizzly 30. The Grizzly has a heavy duty log deck that doesn't flex with even the largest logs. I've been wondering how the log deck on the smaller mills will hold up.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,103  
I was looking at their LX55 and going back and forth with the Norwood. Norwood has their pricing and ship times on the website. I watched the Woodmizer video and that looked a little quicker to assemble. But then the wait time was at 11 months so I decided to wait. My neighbor has a mill and I bring all my big logs down the hill to his Grizzly 30. The Grizzly has a heavy duty log deck that doesn't flex with even the largest logs. I've been wondering how the log deck on the smaller mills will hold up.
11 months! I would have a hard time with that, also. Norwood isn't that common around here, but TBN members who have them are quite happy. Just ask Sawyer Rob, he's done a lot with his mill. After I ordered mine I saw that Northern Tool was actually selling Norwood. I also just checked out their website, and it's been changed since I was looking around this spring.
They also are stating they ship in 8-10 weeks... I would have it by now had I ordered a Norwood. Oh well...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,104  
11 months! I would have a hard time with that, also. Norwood isn't that common around here, but TBN members who have them are quite happy. Just ask Sawyer Rob, he's done a lot with his mill. After I ordered mine I saw that Northern Tool was actually selling Norwood. I also just checked out their website, and it's been changed since I was looking around this spring.
They also are stating they ship in 8-10 weeks... I would have it by now had I ordered a Norwood. Oh well...
Yeah. 42 weeks plus the ordering. Im suspicious of Norwood's stated ship time. Everyone else is booked out solid going on a year or more. So you did fine.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,105  
Yeah. 42 weeks plus the ordering. Im suspicious of Norwood's stated ship time. Everyone else is booked out solid going on a year or more. So you did fine.
I predict that will change. A lot of people will lose interest as lumber prices drop. (OSB has dropped 11 dollars in the last week.) A year or so from now, there may even be some slightly used mills out there.
I bought mine on their spring sale; and used the savings for an engine upgrade. I still may replace the 9HP with something bigger, and put the 9 on my old Lincoln welder-generator.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,106  
The before and after
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,107  
We always used to put up firewood for the year in August.

On March 23 while it was on sale I ordered the bottom of the line Woodmizer, the LX25.https://woodmizer.com/Store/Shop/Portable-Sawmills/LX25-Portable-Sawmill It's scheduled to be built on August 12... hopefully I will have it for Labor Day. I chose it for price; also because it's a Woodmizer, and because it was very easy to build.
The ironic thing is that I also considered Norwood but couldn't find the secret code to get information such as price and build time; you need to contact a salesman for that. Yet their videos on Youtube are free, easy to find, and very easy to follow and understand.
Why don't they put the same guy in charge of their website? :confused: :D
Back when I was looking for my sawmill I too was looking at the norwood.. I called them on three separate occasions, no one ever answered and no one returned my call.. and this was way before this whole covid crap, needless to say they fell off my list.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,108  
I predict that will change. A lot of people will lose interest as lumber prices drop. (OSB has dropped 11 dollars in the last week.) A year or so from now, there may even be some slightly used mills out there.
I bought mine on their spring sale; and used the savings for an engine upgrade. I still may replace the 9HP with something bigger, and put the 9 on my old Lincoln welder-generator.
I;ve not bought plywood in a couple years, went to get a couple of sheets of 5/8 BC yesterday... 62 dollars!!!.. they are still at the lumber yard!

And I'm sure there will be a bunch of cheap used ones out there before long.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,109  
I ordered mine at the end of APR and picked it up 5 weeks later. Recently completed the new engine transplant to 15hp. Runs great. Took a LONG time to put together, and was missing a few fasteners (out of hundreds). I still love it, even after several modifications.

Utube:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,110  
Good point about used ones coming on the market once lumber prices drop down. Milling is a lot of work and then there is the drying time. What seems like a good idea can turn around quickly.