Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,111  
I ordered mine at the end of APR and picked it up 5 weeks later. Recently completed the new engine transplant to 15hp. Runs great. Took a LONG time to put together, and was missing a few fasteners (out of hundreds). I still love it, even after several modifications.

Utube:
I bought a Woodmaxx 3 ish years ago.. came with a 14 hp Kohler and came fully assembled other than the track, which is 19'2" so I can cut 16 footers on a stock saw. Up and running in no time, paid for itself a long time ago!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,112  
I ordered mine at the end of APR and picked it up 5 weeks later. Recently completed the new engine transplant to 15hp. Runs great. Took a LONG time to put together, and was missing a few fasteners (out of hundreds). I still love it, even after several modifications.

Utube:
Yeah, yeah, rub it in. :D Was the engine swap easy? Do you find the 15HP is powerful enough? I ordered the 9HP upgrade but as I mentioned earlier, I would like to get something bigger, and put the 9 in my old welder-generator.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,113  
I bought a Woodmaxx 3 ish years ago.. came with a 14 hp Kohler and came fully assembled other than the track, which is 19'2" so I can cut 16 footers on a stock saw. Up and running in no time, paid for itself a long time ago!
I am looking at a Woodmax but they are not even listing it yet on their website and will contact interested buyers when it is available.
Sounds like you are happy with it.
What model is yours? Any downsides?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,114  
I am looking at a Woodmax but they are not even listing it yet on their website and will contact interested buyers when it is available.
Sounds like you are happy with it.
What model is yours? Any downsides?
I have the SM-26e which is the electric start one. The biggest downside is I have to push it and roll logs by hand!! :ROFLMAO:

No, I am pretty happy with it, when I bought mine they came with 19'2" bed rails so I can cut up to 16' lumber but I'm thinking they have gone to a shorter bed.. not sure though. They were getting them sourced from overseas like everyone else, but I think they are tooling up to make them all here in the US which is nice, but probably the reason for ordering delays.

My suggestions for whatever you get... Get a good sized motor with the electric start, it never runs all day and you dont want to be yanking the cord all day, get the auto lube system (big reason I got the woodmaxx) and you want the push handle in a position that is easy to push, and get a bed long enough to cut usefull length lumber..

and good luck on your endever.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,115  
I have the SM-26e which is the electric start one. The biggest downside is I have to push it and roll logs by hand!! :ROFLMAO:

No, I am pretty happy with it, when I bought mine they came with 19'2" bed rails so I can cut up to 16' lumber but I'm thinking they have gone to a shorter bed.. not sure though. They were getting them sourced from overseas like everyone else, but I think they are tooling up to make them all here in the US which is nice, but probably the reason for ordering delays.

My suggestions for whatever you get... Get a good sized motor with the electric start, it never runs all day and you dont want to be yanking the cord all day, get the auto lube system (big reason I got the woodmaxx) and you want the push handle in a position that is easy to push, and get a bed long enough to cut usefull length lumber..

and good luck on your endever.
Thanks for the feedback, I was also looking at the 26 with the 14hp motor and will check out the electric start.
They did go to a shorter rail as standard equipment.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,116  
I have the SM-26e which is the electric start one.

They were getting them sourced from overseas like everyone else,
NOT everyone else! Norwood LM mills are built from parts made in Canada and the US, not china...

NOTHING on my Lumbermate came from china and that's a good thing as I "try" to not to give the commies my money...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,117  
NOT everyone else! Norwood LM mills are built from parts made in Canada and the US, not china...

NOTHING on my Lumbermate came from china and that's a good thing as I "try" to not to give the commies my money...

SR
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have made such a blanket statement, I believe your mill is a couple grades up from what mine is.

"NOTHING on my Lumbermate came from china" Maybe you shouldn't make such a blanket statement either, I'm guessing some of your parts are from overseas...

Heck, the great American John Deere tractors are full of overseas parts, the entire engine is in a lot of the smaller ones (Yanmars), The whole front end on my Harley is Japanese!!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,118  
I was able to unload the trailer so I could get some close-up photos of the hydraulic cylinder. Can anyone tell me the purpose of this port on the cylinder? Im not sure if its missing a cap or if its supposed to have a hose run to it. The cylinder is run by a manual lever and that pumps up and releases without any issues.
close-up 2a.jpg

This is the frame underneath showing the walking axle.

Frame and axles.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,119  
I was able to unload the trailer so I could get some close-up photos of the hydraulic cylinder. Can anyone tell me the purpose of this port on the cylinder? Im not sure if its missing a cap or if its supposed to have a hose run to it. The cylinder is run by a manual lever and that pumps up and releases without any issues.View attachment 707880
This is the frame underneath showing the walking axle.

View attachment 707881

You could run a power down vs gravity down right now.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,120  
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have made such a blanket statement, I believe your mill is a couple grades up from what mine is.

"NOTHING on my Lumbermate came from china" Maybe you shouldn't make such a blanket statement either, I'm guessing some of your parts are from overseas...

Heck, the great American John Deere tractors are full of overseas parts, the entire engine is in a lot of the smaller ones (Yanmars), The whole front end on my Harley is Japanese!!!
Nope, not one part on mine is from china...

NONE of the steel, nuts & bolts, or even the bearings, nothing is from china...

SR