Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #351  
Looks like the majority of tractor owners are picking up wood with the 3 point hitch and buckets, anyone got pictures of tractors hauling wood with farming winch or on a woods trailer so my tractor wont feel lonely.
I thought I had put these on here before, but if you insist:
Image 3.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #352  
Interesting situation here, getting paid for snatch testing and somehow physical locations can change based on "live free or die" license plates?

Am I missing something in the translation?
If it didn't make you smile, or scratch your head, then you did miss the translation, but that happens when we don't have the Red Green show anymore to keep things in perspective.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #353  
Loading the L3830 for storm damage clean-up. Note my custom skidding hitch on the back! (0:

image-40892832.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #354  
I have a loop on the end of the clutch rope. I run my thumb thru the top of the loop then grab the rope with a closed fist. That way the rope doesn't slip thru my gloves or mitts. I have to pull on the rope pretty good on a hard winch. In the video I was just holding the rope up so you could see it. Probably the two finger grip was so my little pinkies wouldn't get cold holding a snowy rope bare handed. :)

One thing about the type chains I have is that they come down on the sidewalls in good shape. That has to help keep them straight.

View attachment 402166

BTW I wasn't getting paid to test the snatch block. After they finished the prototype build they sold them at a reasonable price. I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get one.

gg

Sounds like your winch operates like mine, I thought maybe your Farmi winch might have better rope pulley linkage that could give more rope fulcrum.

Nice pic. of the your tractor, I wasn't shown that model, L3010DT in 07 when I bought my L3400DT, they showed me the L2800, a little less$$. Your tractor looks like the same size as mine. My talon chains are straight when I first get them on, then 1 trip in the woods, and there crooked, I must be putting them on to tight. Show a pic of the front, I want to get a better look at that tree grabber on your bucket.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #355  
I thought I had put these on here before, but if you insist:
View attachment 402189

Those are pretty good size logs, looks like hemlock, and one log on the bucket, must be for ballast, my woods road ain't that wide. You must of hauled these out to build something, probably all built by now. I sawed a lot of it into lumber the past couple years, and now I'm putting the tops and some but cuts that didn't make a log into shingles, and on my garage

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #356  
Loading the L3830 for storm damage clean-up. Note my custom skidding hitch on the back! (0:

View attachment 402248

Can you tell us some more about that? It looks nice, like a cross between a winch, and the way a log grapple carries the log.

By the way, no 3 point hitch log grapple users on here?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #357  

View attachment 402248

Can you tell us some more about that? It looks nice, like a cross between a winch, and the way a log grapple carries the log.

By the way, no 3 point hitch log grapple users on here?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #358  
Show a pic of the front, I want to get a better look at that tree grabber on your bucket.

My grapple evolved over the years as I improved it. Started with this ATI bucket grapple with added teeth

Tractor.JPG

Then I adjusted the position of the hinge forward, added some curve to the tines, and added more teeth to the bucket edge

GrappleReDo.JPG

Last spring I added a tooth bar. I don't think I can make it much better now.

ToothBar6.JPG

This one is from 2 weeks ago before all the warm weather. Loading fir headed for the saw mill.

CorduroyCut3 (1).JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #359  
Nice pictures Gordon, the grapple looks to set up perfectly.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #360  
Those are pretty good size logs, looks like hemlock, and one log on the bucket, must be for ballast, my woods road ain't that wide. You must of hauled these out to build something, probably all built by now. I sawed a lot of it into lumber the past couple years, and now I'm putting the tops and some but cuts that didn't make a log into shingles, and on my garage
Yes, hemlock. The pic is from September I think(?) over at my neighbor's place. They cut some hemlock for our snowmobile club to have milled up into planking for bridges. We needed 8' planks, so they cut about half the logs into 8' lengths before I told them to stop. They thought there was no way a tractor could haul them out full length. The one in the bucket is one of those 8 footers.

Love the old winch, but the hitch bar is too low. You can see those big butts are barely off the ground.