Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,101  
That was a neat tour through town. A very different kind of place than I have seen before (y) Thanks for posting.

gg
Thank you.

In Europe, it's very common for the ancestors to own small pieces of land that they used to farm spread all over a small village, that are then inherited by the consequent generations. This is one of the big reasons why we tend to drive the tractors on the road so much around here.

We recently inherited a couple of pieces of land, so we're taking advantage of that and get firewood out of it.

I may have a longer drive in the future. That may make a cool video too.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,102  
Several likes on post 21,099, adding link to my bucking table build.
20220516_130939.jpg

If you use it in youtube videos, would appreciate link to OTT post.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,104  
A short video of some crop and mast tree release I'm doing on the northwest corner of my property, including a clip of using my logging winch with a self-releasing snatch block. Normally, I'm winching out much longer logs and cutting them down when I get them trailside. In this case, I was just after a chunk of that birch for a friend who does wood turning, and I picked up he other log since I was already in the area.

I do enjoy crop tree release work: the focus is on what I am leaving behind in the forest, rather than what I am taking out.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,105  
With all the pulp cut and trucked out, I am continuing cutting my 5th and likely final load of pine sawlogs for this year.
I am back in the big stuff so it is adding up quickly:)

Attachments

• log1.jpeg
    log1.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 98
  • log12.jpeg
    log12.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 101
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,108  
Cut and wedged, tree down, limbs trimmed, log hauled:D

Good pic series fruitcakes - I like seeing others woods and working conditions. And I especially like the duct tape, Says alot ......... :)

I am done with firewood for a while.

22_10_25.jpg

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,109  
Cut and wedged, tree down, limbs trimmed, log hauled:D
why such a small face? Looks like if you had gone deeper closer to 1/3 maybe 1/2 way I doubt you would of had to wedge and if you did it would go much easier.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,110  
29663545-C014-4AF1-A8AF-EE2B041E812D.jpeg
11B344FE-D139-4FC8-A918-03135BD1BC81.jpeg
Some examples of deeper faces, moving the hinge farther back made it so I wouldn’t have to wedge or if I did the wedging went easier.

Attachments

• AD61DB59-267E-461F-AEC8-A583820DAB7A.jpeg
    AD61DB59-267E-461F-AEC8-A583820DAB7A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 69