Trailer for BX23

/ Trailer for BX23
I guess for tow vehicles I'll be alright then. I have a 95 Dakota with a 318 V8, trans cooler, and all that, or an 02 Navigator. They have 7,000/8,000 pound towing capacities, I believe. But I'm really depressed about my trailer now! I just recently got it, and I liked it a lot. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I'll sell it along with my Wheel Horse when that goes.

Thanks all.

/ Trailer for BX23 #12  
escavador, what caused the straps to break? I haul mine all the time with them, and not been a problem YET anyway. When they delivered both my 2200 and the 23 they used straps smaller than what I use, in fact smaller than what I would use on a lawn mower. Mine are rated at 10,000 pounds.

I pull mine with a Sport Trac, 4wd, 6 cylinder engine, auto trans, using the tow feature with no problems.

/ Trailer for BX23 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( escavador, what caused the straps to break? I haul mine all the time with them, and not been a problem YET anyway. When they delivered both my 2200 and the 23 they used straps smaller than what I use, in fact smaller than what I would use on a lawn mower. Mine are rated at 10,000 pounds.

I pull mine with a Sport Trac, 4wd, 6 cylinder engine, auto trans, using the tow feature with no problems. )</font>Danny, the problem is not in hauling it. Almost any heavy duty strap will keep it from rolling around.

The problem is in an accident situation. Only a chain will hold the tractor on the trailer. Straps tend to just slice through or snap. 3,000 lb tractor hitting an unmovable object. It's something about math......

/ Trailer for BX23 #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ****. This is all significantly different from what I needed for carrying around a John Deere lawn tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now the next that I'll hear is that I need a 1 ton truck to pull around a BX23.

Thanks all )</font>

You don't need a big beefy truck to pull it but you do need one to stop it.

/ Trailer for BX23 #15  
M y straps didnt break. T he straps were close though hanging on by a thread,right where they attached to the hooks-no they werent rubbing.We have bumpy roads and even though i was babying it, the straps failed. HEaVIEST STRAPS I COULD FIND TOO,keeper brand like 3 inchs wide brand new,had 4 on tractor.Something about the tractor able to flex...at tires? i tightened them down as hard as i could too.Never had a problem before with straps.It is hard to convince people straps and tractors dont mix,until you see it yourself.be CAREFULL IF ITS WORKING FOR YOU,BUT I HOPE YOU KEEP A GOOD EYE OUY.
ALAN

/ Trailer for BX23 #16  
L BROWN.
A properly equiped trailer will stop it self
ALAN

/ Trailer for BX23 #17  
I do watch very closely. I tighten mine down till the tractor squats, then stop. Leaves a bit of give, but have never noticed a strap giving way or loose when I got where I was going. I am going to look into chain binders though, Learning from your experience might be a good lesson to take to heart.

/ Trailer for BX23 #18  
Here is what you really have to consider no matter where you live. Many years of investigating accidents has taught me. Anyones worst case scenario.

If you have to lock your brakes up to avoid an accident or hazard for whatever reason, and your strapes break and that tractor comes off that trailer, or trailer does not track right while breaking, and someone gets seriously hurt or worse yet dies.

Just about guarnteed to face criminal charges and serious civil penalties. Not worth the risk to try and save a few dollars.

Got to have a truck and trailer that can handle the weight and ability to stop without a shift in load or direction of travel, prevent swaying etc.

I'm sure some of you knew this already but thought I would share that as I've heard many times at the scene of a major crash, "I didn't know that". It won't help your situation at all.

Don't mean to upset anyone by this post.. Take care. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif