Tree Puller?

/ Tree Puller? #71  
Anyone end up converting this two a three point?

I have a different version but I am think of adapting it to the three point since it have a stronger lift capacity. (Since I have a smaller tractor vs a beefy skid steer)

I just think with the lift and hydraulic top link it would be beneficial. Then with the grapple up front it would help clean up and stack.

/ Tree Puller?
--------------------------------------------

I have a different version: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/land-clearing-equipment/354135-my-new-additions-tree-shear.html

image-2957813977.jpg

but I am think of adapting it to the three point since it have a stronger lift capacity.
(Since I have a smaller tractor vs a beefy skid steer)

I just think with the lift and hydraulic top link it would be beneficial. Then with the grapple up front it would help clean up and stack.

Bumping this old Tree Puller thread to see if you converted yours to fit on the three point?

/ Tree Puller? #73  
I'm not sure what others have done but I purchased a Titan 3 Point to Universal Quick Tach Adapter Skid Steer Tractor Plate & it allows me to use all of my quick attach implements on my 3PT..... I use it for my tree / post puller & my pallet forks the most.

3 Point to Universal Quick Tach Adapter Skid Steer Tractor

/ Tree Puller? #74  
Not sure how it would work mounted on the 3pt. Using the loader allows me to use the LandPride STP to go into the tree at an angle, push, and curl the bucket to pop the tree out. Very rarely do I just pull straight up. Not to mention that using the loader gets the implement out away from you further from branches etc. that might be in the operator area using the 3pt. If your puller has the root cutters, you can angle to sink those in and help popping roots on the bigger trees.

I guess an upside of the 3pt is that if the tree slips and comes at you, you at least have the rops over your head. This probably all depends on your loader capacity and ballast as I think my 3pt and lift are relatively comparable on the MX.

/ Tree Puller?
Pulling a multi-trunk cedar that is on the other side of the fence:

P4280001.JPG

Reaching over the fence:

P4280002.JPG

Clamped onto the closest trunk and raised the boom:

P4280003.JPG

P4280005.JPG

Raised it higher, looks like it got two trunks and one left in the ground:

P4280006.JPG

Clamped onto it and pulled up:

P4280009.JPG

P4280010.JPG

Shook the dirt off of the roots:

P4280011.JPG

/ Tree Puller? #76  
Bumping this old Tree Puller thread to see if you converted yours to fit on the three point?

Actually I never did. It痴 just sitting in the woods and I haven稚 used it in forever. I should get around to that lol.

/ Tree Puller?
KenB2920 Thanks. When you get a round tuit post the modified tree puller pictures here please.

-tuit.jpg

/ Tree Puller? #78  
I built a small tree spade for moving small spruce and pine up to 12' tall. I found it works well also for digging out stumps and all sorts of other tasks that the bucket is useless for. I made it out of a lawn roller and an abandoned homemade forklift I attempted years ago. I find that you sometimes need the spade on the right or left so I made it adjustable. I can simply slide it one Way or the other. Of course the loader gets strained unless it's in the middle so I only use it in the offset position only for small trees. 20200513_164106.jpeg20200510_115908.jpeg20200510_115859.jpeg

/ Tree Puller? #80  
I guess I can't upload a video even a 28 second one at 22mb