Tree shear

/ Tree shear
So ...... how much was it? With your link you can’t see price unless you create an account.
List price was $4,720 built with American made steel in Minnesota. I worked with Aaron Stubbs who was great to work with just can't wait to put it to use.

/ Tree shear #42  
I worked with a friend of mine with his tree shear , it was awesome , But he mounted it on his mini ex . It was cutting up to 12 inch trees . Had a skid steer there with a brush cutter and my tractor with forks to move the logs . We cleaned up a 2 acre plot full of dead wood , vines and trees in a day and a half . Never fired up a chainsaw

/ Tree shear
I worked with a friend of mine with his tree shear , it was awesome , But he mounted it on his mini ex . It was cutting up to 12 inch trees . Had a skid steer there with a brush cutter and my tractor with forks to move the logs . We cleaned up a 2 acre plot full of dead wood , vines and trees in a day and a half . Never fired up a chainsaw
That is my goal keep the chain saw work to a minimum.

/ Tree shear #44  
List price was $4,720 built with American made steel in Minnesota. I worked with Aaron Stubbs who was great to work with just can't wait to put it to use.

Thanks very much.

/ Tree shear
Well came in less time than quoted now to get it home and work it. IMG_20171221_143221085_HDR.jpg

/ Tree shear #46  
We're going to need some video proof sir.

/ Tree shear
Will do on the video I have to get down to the farm next week as not much to cut at my office in town, but saved on the freight dropping at a business with a forklift.

/ Tree shear #48  
Out of curiosity, why choose a tree shear over a tree puller or a stump bucket +/- grapple? The tree shears seem to run more than double what either of the other two implements run, and the shear leaves behind a stump and roots...

/ Tree shear #49  
Locally a tree puller can be purchased for $1250.

Problem comes with a tractor too small to use it to it's capacity. A shear somewhat overcomes that.

A shear definitely has it's place. Just have to accept the aftermath.

/ Tree shear
Out of curiosity, why choose a tree shear over a tree puller or a stump bucket +/- grapple? The tree shears seem to run more than double what either of the other two implements run, and the shear leaves behind a stump and roots...
I have a backhoe and grapple, but need to take down a bunch of cottonwood and other invasive trees out of trees we planted 20 years ago. Pictures to follow, hopefully this is right tool for the job.