Truck CD player

/ Truck CD player #1  

nap61

Silver Member
I recently tried to change some CDs in my 2008 Titan CD player. The CD player stopped working and now the CD button only flashes and the radio continues to play. Questions:
1. Has anyone dealt with this problem in a Nissan or any other vehicle?
2. Is it a "dealer only" fix? Expensive??
3. Is there a way to get the CDs out without destroying the dash?
Thanks for any help.

Norman

/ Truck CD player #2  
There should be either a manual ejector like on a computer or by holding CD button upon power up may eject them. Toyota's radios were similar in problems and by hold a certain button ejected the CD. Good luck.

/ Truck CD player
Topzide,
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried every button - power on, power off, individually, together - nothing. I guess the next step is a visit to the dealer.

Thanks again,
Norman

/ Truck CD player #5  
I have no CD/DVD player in my new Taco Wagon( 2018 Ram Power Wagon). Asked why. They indicated that there was just too much problems with a player in a vehicle that was bound to see rough use. Plus being subjected to dust, dirt & debris. There is a port for a data stick. Also a port where I could plug in my external player.

/ Truck CD player #6  
In the past a dealer would either A) remove the unit and send it to a repair center, reinstall and reprogram the anti theft and send you on your way. Or B) sell you something else. It may be a good time to upgrade. Bluetooth / Pandora works for me.

/ Truck CD player #7  
REBOOT!