Trying the tire grooving for next mod

/ Trying the tire grooving for next mod
That looks pretty good. I haven't had a traction issue with mine but it gave me an idea for some other applications. Good job my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Paul! I was less than impressed with mine on the first bit of snow that we had. Since then, I have added tire ballast and grooving and it hasn't snowed since.:mad::(:confused3::mur:

And I thought you did it free hand!!! Lol
:laughing: I did free hand the fronts, but the back was too difficult to make them look all uniform so I had to make the template.:thumbsup:
Great job. Looks good:thumbsup:
Thanks Don! I'll be sure to let everyone know if they work as good as they look. Otherwise it's back to the grooving board.:laughing:

/ Trying the tire grooving for next mod #13  
Nice work! Can you share a picture of your template?

Nice work! Can you share a picture of your template?

Thank you!
I don't know... That's kinda top secret.:laughing:;)
I sure will. When I go to the shop today I'll get a pic of it real quick and post it this evening.

Ok, here is my high tech, top secret template.:laughing:
I was able to just flip it over for right or left lug.
2012-02-06 10.50.26.jpg

2012-02-06 10.50.37.jpg

2012-02-06 10.50.59.jpg

/ Trying the tire grooving for next mod #16  
You just saved me a lot of time and swearing. Thanks!

/ Trying the tire grooving for next mod #20  
I'm rather surprised to hear about getting good traction in snow with turf tires. I bought a pair of 16.9 x 24's turfs on rims at auction for $90 and put them on my 580 Case backhoe and it would barely move and slid sideways on snow or mud (I have all sloping terrain). I had to put on chains to do anything. Of course it's 2wd and not loaded and that would certainly make a difference. But then again, my big Massey Ferguson 4wd with like new forestry tires needed chains front and rear to keep from sliding sideways on hard packed snow/ice under heavy load. Never ran my Cub lo boy mower with it's turfs in winter, but I know it does a lot of slipping, sliding and spinning on hills when it's wet or muddy.
It would be interesting to see if actual side by side traction tests have ever been done with identical tractors and loads.