Backhoe Trying to put BH back on

/ Trying to put BH back on #31  
I had the same problem with my backhoe. My cure was to purchase new male hydraulic fittings with pressure relief tip. My DK35 used Pioneer fittings - - - I went to TSC and purchased Pioneer 8010-4P-DC with relief. There is a small tip which relieves the pressure as you push the couplings together.

Interesting. I'd never heard of those before. So that will allow you to attach the male even if the male or female is under pressure. I am a bit confused as on the Pioneer website, the recommendation is to use the matched male 8010 and female (8250-4) fittings together. Did you use both or just the male?

/ Trying to put BH back on #32  
I agree with you Bindian, I have a DK40se and I turn tractor off move all lever a bit to release pressure and never had a problem putting hoses on.

/ Trying to put BH back on #33  
I am still baffled:confused2: here by Y'alls:) problems. On my Mahindra, just moving the remotes levers back and forth relieve the pressure.
hugs, Brandi

its not on the tractor side that is the issue, its on the tool that has been removed (loader, etc). The pressure in the lines of the item removed builds up due to sun/heat

/ Trying to put BH back on #35  
its not on the tractor side that is the issue, its on the tool that has been removed (loader, etc). The pressure in the lines of the item removed builds up due to sun/heat

Grsthegreat,:)

Okay, I can understand this problem with any hydraulic impliment or attachment that does not have a valve on both sides of the disconnect. You can remedy that easily by installing a bleeder valve upstream of the disconnect.:thumbsup:

But this thead was started by stating hooking his BH up after having it off.
This is the side that I just move all BH controls and pressure is relieved on the lines to the disconnects.:D
hugs, Brandi

/ Trying to put BH back on #36  
Island - - I just used the male on the hose ends and it worked. The pressure build up was on the implement side at least in my case. Before the new fittings I have had to unscrew the fitting to let the pressure off.

Go to the Parker Hannifin website - - search for part
#8010-4P-DC - - the picture at the top shows three male fittings. On the one on the right you can see the little relief fitting sticking up in the middle. The details state "residual pressure relief".

/ Trying to put BH back on #37  
Grsthegreat,:)

But this thead was started by stating hooking his BH up after having it off.
This is the side that I just move all BH controls and pressure is relieved on the lines to the disconnects.:D
hugs, Brandi

Well Brandi, I took off the BH to use the Post hole digger last week, and when I went to put the BH back on, I wiggled and danced with those controls on the BH for more than a few minutes, nothing happened, so I got the hammer and whacked the male end a few times and all went back together slick.
You must have a relief valve in your BH somewhere.

/ Trying to put BH back on #38  
Island - - I just used the male on the hose ends and it worked. The pressure build up was on the implement side at least in my case. Before the new fittings I have had to unscrew the fitting to let the pressure off.

#8010-4P-DC - - the picture at the top shows three male fittings. On the one on the right you can see the little relief fitting sticking up in the middle. The details state "residual pressure relief".

Connect under pressure fittings or decompression nipple as another site calls it. I think that is what I got.:cool: I will have to pay more attention to it next time I have a hose off.:thumbsup: Thanks.:)
hugs, Brandi

/ Trying to put BH back on #39  

Thanks. I did look at the information on line but remain a bit confused. I understand that the fitting you have deals effectively with "residual pressure relief" which is what this discussion has been about. However there were also female fittings that were described to allow connection even under pressure if I read correctly. So, I guess there are two issues. First, the topic of this discussion, is the "residual pressure relief" that prevents problems when hooking up equipment that has been in the sun etc even when the tractor (and hydraulics) are 'off'. The second issue is whether there are a set of hydraulic quick connects that would allow connection of equipment with the tractor engine (and hydraulics) still 'on'. While it is not a big deal to turn the tractor off and go through the wiggling of the FEL joystick to relieve pressure before attaching or detaching implements, it sure would be a convenience to be able to do that without shutdown. For example, for me to switch from grapple to 4n1 bucket requires positioning tractor (on), shut down, remove grapple hydraulic connections, restart and reposition tractor to mount 4n1, shut down, attach hydraulics and then restart again. I could do everything without shutdown or restart if there were fittings that could be used while the tractor hydraulic system was charged. It seemed to my naive eye that the combination of the fitting 8010 4p dc and the matching female 8250 would allow that but I'm far from certain. That female fitting seems to have a feature that allows attachment under pressure but I don't understand how that could be without creating a mess (which is not the case). There are other female fittings that have manual shut off valves too which must be another approach.

Maybe we should start a thread in the hydraulics subforum where there will be some experienced folks to answer.

/ Trying to put BH back on #40  
No web site for Waite's tools Atwood CO that I can find.

Is calling the only way to get this tool? I hate banging that male connector with a hammer, rag or no rag.

Yeh, don't think he's got a website - I called and they sent info on sizes, prices, shipping, etc. Or you could send a p'card & ask for a brochure. I will scan and send you a PM if I still have the info they sent and IF I can find it!:confused: