Backhoe Trying to put BH back on

/ Trying to put BH back on #51  
What I have been doing is this: I have both male and Female connectors on the grapple, when I disconnect, I push them together slowly without letting the collar engage and let the male and female "check balls" engage and disengage a couple of times so that they will "slobber" out some fluid, then let them come together and let the collar engage to hold them together. The Ideas is to puke out enough fluid so that there is a "deficit" of fluid in the lines, so that when it heats and expands, not much pressure will be built up in the lines.. I cannot say for 100% sure this will work on a really hot day in the sun, as that has not occured yet, but so far it has been working, and I have had no problems re-attaching.

James K0UA

/ Trying to put BH back on #52  
Put some ice on the lines, or shoot them with Freon.

/ Trying to put BH back on #54  
Some of us use both male and female on implements like grapples so we are forced to hook them up correctly. This tool is not so helpful if it doesn't have a way of relieving pressure on the female side.

I just keep a small ball peen hammer as well as a rag and a 3" piece of 3/8 brass rod in my tool box. The hammer taps the male tip through the rag and taps the brass rod which is positioned on the female nipple. No fuss. Works every time.

All my QDs are on my tractor with the male ends on the implement, including my grapple. I use colored coded tyraps, or for non aviation types........zip strips on the lines at the fittings to remember which line to connect were. I have only had a problem once in 7 years with pressure buildup in the line. The hammer trick cured that. Cheap, quick and easy.
hugs, Brandi

/ Trying to put BH back on #55  
Hammer away, I did it for years, but it is not good for the QD and not safe either.
No editorial comment from me about spending $30,000 on a tractor and not willing to spend $30 for safety and convenience.
I have mentioned before, it sounds like I am shilling for Waite's Tools, but I have no connection with George Waite. I bought the tool on a recommendation from someone on this site, called Waite's, talked to the wife, got the tool and sent a check. Used it many times in the past two years. I guess in Texas it is hot all the time, here in NE if you take an implement off in the morning when it is 60 deg and want to put it back on in the afternoon when it is 85 deg you will have a problem. I also color code the line with red and black zip ties.
With that I am over and out of this thread.