TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #263  
Remember a show called Hogan's Hero's.....I think? Didn't it take place in a german concentration camp during WW2?

If i'm wrong, pardon me but, anyone else think that was kind of a strange setting for a comedy tv show?

I loved it as a kid, no connection to Aushwitz of course because....we were never taught about it.

Gotta love Kernel clink....i can't spell the other kind of kernel!
Even old farts can learn something. Now you learned how to spell Colonel.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #264  
I bought my bmw from a 2 star gen i knew but the only colonel I knew was my neighbor in my last town.

He was one of the Iranian hostages, I used to house sit when he went north for the summer, *****!

Great guy. He Said they had just promoted him to full bird but had not announced it yet so they decided to keep it a secrete until they were released.

I think those folks recently got a big check, after fighting the govt for 20 years.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #265  
Interesting things I read/heard about some of the cast of Hogan's Heros a while ago. There are some interviews on YouTube of actors from the old TV shows that are interesting. I watched a video of Robert Clary, and maybe Werner Klemperer ,where they mentioned that some of the actors on Hogan's Heros actually survived concentration camps.

The actor who played, Colonel Klink, Werner Klemperer, was Jewish on his father's side of the family. When the NAZIs took over in the 30's the family moved to the US and he served in the US Army during WWII.

LeBeau, the Frenchman, i.e., Robert Clary who was named Robert Max Widerman at his birth. He was Jewish and sent the concentrations camps. Of his 13 siblings, only he and three others survived.

John Banner, aka, Sgt. Schultz, was named at birth Johann Banner, in Austria. After Germany took over Austria he too emigrated to the US because he was Jewish. He joined the US Army during the war and was a supply sergeant. His family that stayed in Vienna died in the concentration camps.

General Burkhalter was played by Leon Askin who was born Leon Aschkenasy. He too was Jewish and from Vienna, Austria. He somehow escaped Austria in 1940 after NAZIs beat him and emigrated to the US after spending time in a French camp for being in the country illegally. He was in the US Army during the war and was a Staff Sergeant. His parents died in the camps. I could not find anything else about other family members. He lived to age 97 in 2005.

Later,
Dan

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #266  
Interesting things I read/heard about some of the cast of Hogan's Heros a while ago. There are some interviews on YouTube of actors from the old TV shows that are interesting. I watched a video of Robert Clary, and maybe Werner Klemperer ,where they mentioned that some of the actors on Hogan's Heros actually survived concentration camps.

The actor who played, Colonel Klink, Werner Klemperer, was Jewish on his father's side of the family. When the NAZIs took over in the 30's the family moved to the US and he served in the US Army during WWII.

LeBeau, the Frenchman, i.e., Robert Clary who was named Robert Max Widerman at his birth. He was Jewish and sent the concentrations camps. Of his 13 siblings, only he and three others survived.

John Banner, aka, Sgt. Schultz, was named at birth Johann Banner, in Austria. After Germany took over Austria he too emigrated to the US because he was Jewish. He joined the US Army during the war and was a supply sergeant. His family that stayed in Vienna died in the concentration camps.

General Burkhalter was played by Leon Askin who was born Leon Aschkenasy. He too was Jewish and from Vienna, Austria. He somehow escaped Austria in 1940 after NAZIs beat him and emigrated to the US after spending time in a French camp for being in the country illegally. He was in the US Army during the war and was a Staff Sergeant. His parents died in the camps. I could not find anything else about other family members. He lived to age 97 in 2005.

Later,
Dan

That is very interesting.

Hogan (Bob Crain) was murdered - supposedly revealing a very different side of the actor.

IMG_1269.JPG

MoKelly

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #267  
That is very interesting.

Hogan (Bob Crain) was murdered - supposedly revealing a very different side of the actor....

MoKelly
Yep, I remember when Crane was killed and it is odd that the murder has not been solved.

You would think that someone knows something. My theory was that the irate husband or boyfriend, of a woman that Crane was fooling around with, killed Crane. If that was the case, one would expect the woman to say something after all of these years, unless she too was killed and nobody could connect the dots.

How did Natalie Woods die? And did the man really die of a drug overdose during the filming of Burt Reynold's move, "The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing?"

Later,
Dan

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #268  
Yep, I remember when Crane was killed and it is odd that the murder has not been solved.

You would think that someone knows something. My theory was that the irate husband or boyfriend, of a woman that Crane was fooling around with, killed Crane. If that was the case, one would expect the woman to say something after all of these years, unless she too was killed and nobody could connect the dots.

How did Natalie Woods die? And did the man really die of a drug overdose during the filming of Burt Reynold's move, "The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing?"

Later,
Dan

I believe I read a while ago that the LA Coroner officially declared Natalie Woods death an accidental drowning. But, lots or rumors swirl around her.

Robert Wagner seems to be doing fine.

MoKelly

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #269  
I believe I read a while ago that the LA Coroner officially declared Natalie Woods death an accidental drowning. But, lots or rumors swirl around her.

MoKelly
Seems like every few years someone "has new information" about her death and the answer remains the same.

There are quite a few deaths of men falling off boats when they wee over the side. Never heard of a woman falling in for this reason much less dying. :unsure: Lots of people out there living on boats, far too many, drink too much, too often. I have not heard of one woman falling off the boat and drowning when drunk. Or otherwise. Having said that, I can think of two men who killed women on their boats. One guy killed at least three over time and he now is a long term guest of the Japanese. Another guy killed at least one woman and I forget which country has put him away.

I can remember three other cases, where a guy killed multiple people for various reasons. In two cases a guy killed a husband and wife to get their boat. This happened twice, different criminals. In another case, the husband killed his wife, another couple, and one child. Another child should have died but survived.

Woods falling off a boat and drowning is highly unusual. Tis possible of course, but I have not heard of that happening to another woman.

Later,
Dan

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #270  
So is Christopher Walken, he was on board as well.

MoKelly