TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #251  
Thanks! Will have to see if we bet this on Britbox. It sounds interesting.

We watched a three part series on Britbox that was from/about Ireland in the 50's, or maybe early 60's. Very good, kinda dark and should have had more episodes. Three was too few.

We have been rewatching the Miss. Marple series with Joan Hickson, <i>Miss Marple</i> (TV series). The series was digitally remastered and the video quality is astounding, https://www.dft-film.com/case-studies/Miss-Marple.html.

Rewatching has made me appreciate Agatha Christie's humor. :D

Later,
Dan
I'll check it out. I flip-flop between Britbox and Acorn channel subscriptions through Amazon. It's so easy to sign up for a month at a time when interesting shows are added to either channel.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #252  
About a month ago I swore off most "news". First, recorded about 10 Three Stooges. 2.. bunch of Magnum PI.
#3. some of each recorded of Matlock, Hunter, Micky Spillane's Mike Hammer. Monk Lastly Some Flintstones and some Lone Ranger for 1/2 hour interludes , to rest my mind.

I know these are from dinosaur times, But I a'm liking them all over again.

You all be HEALTHY AND SAFE........Coffeeman

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #253  
Writers do run out of ideas and sometimes producers hate giving up cash cows...
After all it is said in all the world there are really only seven basic plots and they can only be taken so far...
All soap operas should be lined up against a wall and shot regardless of country of origin
tv shows exist to sell product, commercial time, period.

Women spend 90% of the discretionary income in the US, not sure about the rest of the english empire.

If women spend 90% of the $, who do you think the shows will be targeted towards. Most commercials are targeted at women. Confident mom, athletic daughter, girly boy son and mongoloid idiot for dad. Somehow he can afford a $2 mill house, pudgy idiot that he is.

Since i've been retired and especially since the monsoons started 3 years ago, i've been much more exposed to day time tv. That garbage has been going on for 50 years and it's taking over most tv.

First 20 minutes of news this morning was about comos sexual habits and the royal family. Who is that targeted at?

And we let them vote.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #254  
tv shows exist to sell product, commercial time, period.

Women spend 90% of the discretionary income in the US, not sure about the rest of the english empire.

If women spend 90% of the $, who do you think the shows will be targeted towards. Most commercials are targeted at women. Confident mom, athletic daughter, girly boy son and mongoloid idiot for dad. Somehow he can afford a $2 mill house, pudgy idiot that he is.

Since i've been retired and especially since the monsoons started 3 years ago, i've been much more exposed to day time tv. That garbage has been going on for 50 years and it's taking over most tv.

First 20 minutes of news this morning was about comos sexual habits and the royal family. Who is that targeted at?

And we let them vote.

Darn. All was good until I read your last line and all my coffee came out my mouth!!!!

MoKelly

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #255  
About a month ago I swore off most "news". First, recorded about 10 Three Stooges. 2.. bunch of Magnum PI.
#3. some of each recorded of Matlock, Hunter, Micky Spillane's Mike Hammer. Monk Lastly Some Flintstones and some Lone Ranger for 1/2 hour interludes , to rest my mind.

I sure liked the Jessie Stone movies; I think they quit making them though.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #256  

I gave up watching TV "news" decades ago. No use watching that scat show....

And we let them vote.
What I find ironically funny, yet sad and pathetic, is that Cuomo gets into trouble for sexual harassment, but barely a whisper when he orders people with The Virus into nursing homes, and said order kills thousands of people. He was warned not to do this, but did it for months, killed thousands and then covered it up. But harassment to six people gets him in trouble.... Sad. Pathetic.

Later,
Dan

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #257  
Remember a show called Hogan's Hero's.....I think? Didn't it take place in a german concentration camp during WW2?

If i'm wrong, pardon me but, anyone else think that was kind of a strange setting for a comedy tv show?

I loved it as a kid, no connection to Aushwitz of course because....we were never taught about it.

Gotta love Kernel clink....i can't spell the other kind of kernel!

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #258  
Remember a show called Hogan's Hero's.....I think? Didn't it take place in a german concentration camp during WW2?

If i'm wrong, pardon me but, anyone else think that was kind of a strange setting for a comedy tv show?

I loved it as a kid, no connection to Aushwitz of course because....we were never taught about it.

Yes. Hogan’s Heroes. Good show.

Colonel Klink and Colonel Hogan.

MoKelly

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #259  

A POW camp.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #260  
My dad hated that show. Of course, he was a guest of the Huns in Krems for a year and a half, so his experience was markedly different than Hogan's gang.