Two Pole Barns, one new and one to renovate

/ Two Pole Barns, one new and one to renovate #61  
Very nice building, looks very good so far. What kind of sheathing is that, I've never seen that before?

/ Two Pole Barns, one new and one to renovate
Very nice building, looks very good so far. What kind of sheathing is that, I've never seen that before?
The sheathing is called Zip System. It is an OSB board with a water resistive barrier permanently attached to the OSB. All you have to do is tape the seams with their tape. I decided to use it because I new whatever I put up would be exposed to the elements for awhile before I got my siding put on. I was worried about using just OSB because it would get wet and plywood has gotten expensive. The cost of the Zip panel was reasonable compared to OSB and Tyvek plus button cap nails. Putting Tyvek up by myself is a challenge having done it before. Hope this helps. In the picture I have not put the tape on the seams on the lower portion of the wall. Rick

IMG_1779 (Medium).JPG IMG_1769 (Medium).JPG

Today was a productive day. I had two people helping me today. We finished putting the rest of the roof metal up. The building inspector when he was out to inspect before my concrete floor was poured told me about what permanent bracing was needed on the trusses. He made a point that many contractors that do not use sheathing on the roof forget to put bracing on the roof plane. Today we put in the X bracing on the purlins. We also got all of the soffits closed in. Everything from the eaves up on the pole barn is done. I just have to work on the wall sheathing and siding from here on. Plenty to do but it is a big step for me to have the roof structure done. Rick

IMG_1773 (Medium).JPG IMG_1776 (Medium).JPG IMG_1775 (Medium).JPG IMG_1771 (Medium).JPG IMG_1772 (Medium).JPG

/ Two Pole Barns, one new and one to renovate #64  
Man that thing is really starting to come together!

I have not posted for a while now. I got side tracked on to a fence project that was a hundred plus feet of new board fence and a thousand feet of new wire fence. Along the line I had put my camera in a jacket and could not find it until recently. I got all the sheathing on and last month got the windows put in. So things are moving again.
IMG_1799 (Medium).JPG IMG_1800 (Medium).JPG

Yesterday and and today I had some help from my neighbors son to help put up the some of the Hardie panels. We worked only a few hours each day because the heat and humidity have been awfull lately. The heat index has been over 107 each day. We made quite a bit of progress in spite of the weather.
Rick

IMG_1803 (Medium).JPG IMG_1801 (Medium).JPG

Made some more progress on siding the building. I have siding on the lower 10 feet of all of the building now and have started working on the gable ends of the barn. I still have battens and trim to put on the walls but we have made some good progress. Rick

IMG_1806 (Medium).JPG IMG_1808 (Medium).JPG IMG_1809 (Medium).JPG

/ Two Pole Barns, one new and one to renovate #68  
Rick,

Your pole barn is coming along very nicely. Did you use a sealer on the floor? I am really trying to justify doing a radiant floor in mine. The quotes for materials are rather steep. Well anyway keep plugging away!

/ Two Pole Barns, one new and one to renovate #69  
The siding is looking really good. Does it have a texture on it, I can't tell from the pictures? The only hardi plank I ever worked with was smooth but would last forever, very durable stuff.

Rick,

Your pole barn is coming along very nicely. Did you use a sealer on the floor? I am really trying to justify doing a radiant floor in mine. The quotes for materials are rather steep. Well anyway keep plugging away!

Lee I did not use any sealer on the floor. The finishers used a power trowel on it until it was really smooth. I am pretty happy with it. Had only one small area that had a puddle on it that froze and caused some surface chipping. Your barn is looking good also. Keep up the good work. Rick