TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!!

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #61  
Like dealing with it without an open station tractor?

Not everyone is willing to toss money around for a 2nd tractor or the cab cost just for convenience.
Has nothing to do with convenience at all and everything to do with the constantly floating chaff the round bailer produces. Besides, nice to work in a climate controlled atmosphere in comfort. I don't do the snow thing anymore, one of my renters has a truck mounted plow and he clears the drives.

Besides, paid for a long time ago.

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #62  
Like dealing with it without an open station tractor?

Not everyone is willing to toss money around for a 2nd tractor or the cab cost just for convenience.
The heated and A/C cab on my LS 4140 was a $4k upgrade on a $27k tractor. Not too bad. I thought I needed it more for snowblowing. But it is nice to have the A/C in the summer and a cab to fend off the dust and insects.

I looked at it as a 20 year investment and $200/yr seemed worthwhile at the time.

The PITA part with a cab is when doing work that requires getting on and off the tractor. And they are not great for working around trees.

I am on this thread because I am looking at getting a TYM 2515. I don't think it will quite big enough to carry 1600 lbs on forks on the FEL but will be testing that at the dealer. It will be an open station and I prefer that for the bulk of work I do now...firewood processing. I bought a truck with a dump bed and plow so no longer need a tractor for snow removal.

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #63  
I guess I know a lot of real farmers back home where it gets sub zero a lot. They have cabs, but many still use open station for winter. Cabs fog up and frost over when it gets super cold. Visibility is already limited by the cab. Add in the blowing snow and many find it better to just dress for the weather and use an open station.

Not saying no one should get a cab. Just not a fan of people ignorantly assuming a cab is always best. Even in winter.

The 2515 can lift 2200 to max height and weighs almost 3000 lbs. For typical use, it will handle 1600 lbs pretty well. I would load tires and have something on the 3pt, but that applies to most FEL situations, to me.

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #64  
For a long time I only had one tractor and it was a cabin unit. Only reason why I bought a second one was, I got a heck of a deal on it, that and it eliminated me switching heavy implements all the time. My OS usually has the rake attached to it or the shredder. The cabin unit also has the computer interface for the new bailer in it, which is a PITA to change out. I'd buy a 3rd one but my wife is against that.
But your comment was about snow in an open station. Cab makes more sense baling than with snow. It depends on how cold you get. If It gets too cold, the cab makes it hard to see. Southern Michigan is warm compared to where I grew up.

Point is, no need to poke at someone who doesn't make the same choices as you. The T25 is about as nice a sub-compact as you'll find. A cab is an option, but no A/C due to only a 25 HP engine.

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #65  
I guess I know a lot of real farmers back home where it gets sub zero a lot. They have cabs, but many still use open station for winter. Cabs fog up and frost over when it gets super cold. Visibility is already limited by the cab. Add in the blowing snow and many find it better to just dress for the weather and use an open station.

Not saying no one should get a cab. Just not a fan of people ignorantly assuming a cab is always best. Even in winter.

The 2515 can lift 2200 to max height and weighs almost 3000 lbs. For typical use, it will handle 1600 lbs pretty well. I would load tires and have something on the 3pt, but that applies to most FEL situations, to me.
Lift capacity of 2200 lbs may be at the pins. It may not handle a pallet with 1600 lbs on it.

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #66  
Had I bought a cabbed tractor and I couldn't the tractor for 3/4 of the tasks I do. Nor fit in places I fit mine currently.

Heck, I can't even use a tractor with rear mounted ROPS, let alone a cab.

IMG_20231127_160019.jpg

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #67  
Had I bought a cabbed tractor and I couldn't the tractor for 3/4 of the tasks I do. Nor fit in places I fit mine currently.

Heck, I can't even use a tractor with rear mounted ROPS, let alone a cab.

View attachment 850187
We have chainsaws to handle pesky little trees...LOL

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #68  
We have chainsaws to handle pesky little trees...LOL
I have those too but these are orchards that I maintain and it's kinda counterproductive cutting the trees 😅

Although we've trimmed those a bunch so we could at least fit the tractor under.

/ TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #69  
I have those too but these are orchards that I maintain and it's kinda counterproductive cutting the trees 😅

Although we've trimmed those a bunch so we could at least fit the tractor under.
Figured that might be the case...just yanking your chain...no not the chain on the saw...LOL.

I hate using my machine around trees.

Last edited:
   / TYM T25 this thing is amazing!!! #70  
I stopped and laid eyes on a TYM for the first time. Very sharp looking machines.

Attachments

• PXL_20240203_153803104.jpg
    PXL_20240203_153803104.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38