TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #52  
Although the debate continues, I think the OP bought the TYM.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #53  
Let's take your argument and rephrase it. Do you really think that a TYM tractor that has all of the features of a John Deere, the same amount of metal in it, functionality, etc. is designed and fabricated in a way that gives the John Deere 50% more value than the TYM?

On a given day can it do 50% more work? Can it pull/lift 50% more weight? Will the John Deere only break down 66% as often as the TYM, and the repair bills will only cost 66% as much as the TYM? Will you be 50% happier and more satisfied with your life if you drive a John Deere versus a TYM? If you think the answer to any of those questions other than the last one (some people just like the color green) is "yes", then you might want to talk to a few TYM owners.

Your comment about trucks will, I'm sure, bring much heated debate from Chevy and Ram owners. I don't have a dog in that fight. Nevertheless, you are talking about trucks that when similarly spec'ed, vary by what, 5-10% in cost? Again, we are talking about a 50 % price difference between the two tractors! If you could buy a Chevy or Ram for $50k, but it would cost $75k for a similar F-150, I don't think Ford would be selling near as many of them.
You strike a very good point. Do remember all this is just my opinion. I but what makes the most sense for my applications. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #54  
The JD will do a 100% more work if the TYM is broken down. I’m not saying that’s going to happen but my point is it could. The JD could break down also.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #55  
The JD will do a 100% more work if the TYM is broken down. I’m not saying that’s going to happen but my point is it could. The JD could break down also.
Very good point

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #56  
Jeff, my point was someone asked will the JD do 50% more work than the TYM, which costs 50% less. My point was if it breaks down it will do a 100% more work.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #57  
The problem with all of these threads is that you get responses for people that have one type or the other most of the time and "surprise" (not a surprise) each person thinks what they selected was the right decision. In some cases, you have those that have had issues with either one and say get the opposite. This is expected.

What I think is missing here is there is such a huge gap in between that if we limit it to these machines only, I think you are doing yourself a disservice. As I mentioned earlier, go operate each one and focus on ergonomics and performance (how reactive, sensitive are the hydraulics and how well can you control them in fine detail). Dealer network, location, and all of the other items are important, but if you plan to use any of them much, how they fit you (controls, pedals, etc) will have a much larger impact on a day to day basis. What's important to one person may not be important to you.

I am confident that whatever you decide, it will be a learning experience and the next time you go to buy/upgrade you will know even more about what is important to you.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #58  
And sit and talk with each dealer
For me, that made my choice clear

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #59  
There is also the "BUY USA" based (company, parts, workers, etc) argument, which I consider to be very important.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #60  
You are considering tractors with enough weight for ten acres. Enough weight helps keep neophyte tractor operators SAFE.
For the $17,000 difference he is talking about, he can buy a lot of wheel weights, beet juice, plus about all the heavy implements he will ever need. Weight is cheap, $17,000 to gain 500# is not cheap.