TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #61  
There is also the "BUY USA" based (company, parts, workers, etc) argument, which I consider to be very important.
As my quote says-Buy american, the job you save may be your own. Think about it this way-The Kid who wasn't fortunate enough to be able to go to college and get a post-high school education can go and work at an american factory. Ultimately, Even if a USA-Made product is 10X, im still going to buy it over the foreign counterpart. I know it sounds ridiculous, but the product lasts 10x as long, and employs people who may not have a job otherwise

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #62  
Hate to say this, but the average "American made product" with its union backed factories, has become sub-standard in quality in many ways. And in todays global market there is NO product that is truly 100% made in America. My Ariens snowblower says "Made in America" with foreign and domestic parts. Engine is chinese.........233cc ECT engine.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #63  
Hate to say this, but the average "American made product" with its union backed factories, has become sub-standard in quality in many ways. And in todays global market there is NO product that is truly 100% made in America. My Ariens snowblower says "Made in America" with foreign and domestic parts. Engine is chinese.
I agree with you that some things say made in america and yet have foreign parts. However, there are products that are made 100% in the usa. Plus, i guess im struggling to understand when you say "sub-standard in quality". Are you saying these are sub quality to their chinese counterparts? Plus, isn't buying something that has 60% of componets made in america better than buying something with 100% made overseas?

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #64  
I agree with you that some things say made in america and yet have foreign parts. However, there are products that are made 100% in the usa. Plus, i guess im struggling to understand when you say "sub-standard in quality". Are you saying these are sub quality to their chinese counterparts? Plus, isn't buying something that has 60% of componets made in america better than buying something with 100% made overseas?
Absolutely, but anymore to find what is 100% made in America is getting harder and harder now as inflation is going rampant. Expect more to made off shore. What I mean by products made in the USA, look at the auto industry. I've owned 36 vehicles and I've found the fit and finish on GM, Ford and Fiatsler vehicles to be subpar vs Japanese and European vehicles. Poor fitting and aligned body panels, subpar interiors etc. Tho drivetrains seem to have for the most been fine, these are the traces of "Not proudly made in America". Currently I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel, 2004 Chevy 1500 Silverado and a 2010 BMW 335d. There are differences in the quality of assembly.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #65  
Absolutely, but anymore to find what is 100% made in America is getting harder and harder now as inflation is going rampant. Expect more to made off shore. What I mean by products made in the USA, look at the auto industry. I've owned 36 vehicles and I've found the fit and finish on GM, Ford and Fiatsler vehicles to be subpar vs Japanese and European vehicles. Poor fitting and aligned body panels, subpar interiors etc. Tho drivetrains seem to have for the most been fine, these are the traces of "Not proudly made in America". Currently I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel, 2004 Chevy 1500 Silverado and a 2010 BMW 335d. There are differences in the quality of assembly.
Yes for certain in the auto industry...sure is sad. But hey, agree to disagree, i will always buy american made. To me, as i said in my previous point, not everyone is as fortunate, so to me, the $17K even if only 60% of it is made, is still worth it. I know that ultimately my dollar is staying on my home ground, even if 40% goes overseas. And hey, if we all had this same mentality of buy american, we would be in a different place now. Sure is a shame to see the american auto industry just well fail

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #66  
Two years ago pre Covid I priced JD 4044R and M. Kubota L4701 and Kiota 4710 I believe ??? Deer R was 7k more than Kubota and M was like 5k more !!! Kiota was 3k cheaper than Kubota if you paid cash !!! Kubota had 0% finiancing !!! I had history with Kubota went that route since then Kiota has went % financing and selling a piss load of tractors !!!
0% is the biggest hoax in financing.
But you're correct, there are a lot of gullible consumers who think there is actually something for nothing.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #67  
Yes for certain in the auto industry...sure is sad. But hey, agree to disagree, i will always buy american made. To me, as i said in my previous point, not everyone is as fortunate, so to me, the $17K even if only 60% of it is made, is still worth it. I know that ultimately my dollar is staying on my home ground, even if 40% goes overseas. And hey, if we all had this same mentality of buy american, we would be in a different place now. Sure is a shame to see the american auto industry just well fail
Even if 100% of the dollars went overseas, where do you think they spend the money? Hint, it is here.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #68  
0% is the biggest hoax in financing.
But you're correct, there are a lot of gullible consumers who think there is actually something for nothing.
And there are a *lot* of people who understand exactly what they are doing and take advantage of it when it makes sense.

It cracks me up how everyone is so black and white about things. Do this your dumb, do that your smart. There is no in between these days on anything.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #69  
I have 8 acres and this Yanmar YT235C has
all the power I need. Great tractor.
Have you looked at the LS tractors???
another well built machine Yanmar &
LS tractors have nice warranties.
You need to test drive the different tractors
so you can tell exactly what you like as
we can't tell you what to buy as we are not
in your shoes. Have read that Kubota and
John Deere equipment from other equipment
manufactures do not fit there tractors not
sure if this is true but check it out on the web
then you will know for sure

willy
What are you talking about equipment not fitting. Three point hitches and implements are standardized. I have a non-Kubota rear blade and quick attach pallet forks. The ssqa on the loader is standard, as is the 3 ph. The JD loader attachment is proprietary, so yes there is some issue there.