UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think?
Using the definition already given I see objects other than the normal stars that I cannot identify. For example, If you stare at a clear night sky for more than 10 minutes you will see what I believe to be satellites in orbit around the Earth. Definitely a light emitting object and it's moving. Obviously not an airplane. What is it?? I think it's a normal satellite. But I cannot verify that so it goes in the UFO category.

I am 80 miles from the nearest City. In a County of 8000. 1/2 mile from a town of 63. One house 1/4 mile from me. Two others that I can see 2 miles from me. And a sky full of intrigue. :)

Haha! Well written! Yes I've seen satellites as well... Also the space station. They move fairly fast... but nothing close to your estimated speed of 5 secs from horizon to horizon for the V formation.

There's an app available that you can hold up to the sky and identify various stars, constellations and satellites. It's very impressive. Seeing a satellite flying over is pretty darn cool. I can also remember seeing the space shuttle in orbit. Hard to believe there's people in it!

WOW!!! Amazing stories everyone! Fantastic!

/ UFO's... What do you think? #43  
Cut me some slack but as a search and rescue controller for in the US Coast Guard for many years I was the guy people called into to report distresses. Yes lights in the sky all that stuff. Educated people. I've had a Dr. report a cruise ship fire that was a small flare stack on an oil rig not much bigger than a small house. I've heard it all, no telling what people really see. People are not credible witness to what's real. HS.

Cut me some slack but as a search and rescue controller for in the US Coast Guard for many years I was the guy people called into to report distresses. Yes lights in the sky all that stuff. Educated people. I've had a Dr. report a cruise ship fire that was a small flare stack on an oil rig not much bigger than a small house. I've heard it all, no telling what people really see. People are not credible witness to what's real. HS.

Are you people? :D

/ UFO's... What do you think? #46  
Back in college, 20+ years ago I wrote a paper on UFO's and unexplained phenomenon. In my research, I found instances where multiple airlines on approach saw the same UFO. These incidents were well documented by hundreds (maybe 1000's) of people. I have tried to find my paper and a quick internet search is overwhelming.
On a slightly different note, human beings psychologically do come up with interesting concepts. There seems to be something inherent in our psyche to create things like:
big foot and all of it's similar buddies
leprechauns
fairies (which really took off in early photography and double exposure)
Nessy, Etc.
Dave

/ UFO's... What do you think? #47  
I think UFOs are the cause of global warming. I say we let the EPA destroy their ability to operate - just like the coal mines.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #48  
I think UFOs are the cause of global warming. I say we let the EPA destroy their ability to operate - just like the coal mines.

Now that's a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.