Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements?

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #11  
I have had to use this adapter on my Walco cat 1 box blade and back blade with the Country quick hitch from Mills Fleet Farm.
D289D04C-8EF8-47EB-8DED-7D8A72AC7716.png

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #12  
I use slide-in pins to adjust the height of the top hook. (photo) The implement doesn't need to be all the way down in the hook's notch, it just has to engage enough to be stable. (photo)

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #13  
Here is how I had to set mine up for the box and back blade.
79436466-250A-48D9-B2AF-8D81FED1FA65.jpeg

Jim.

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements?
View attachment 617391

Jim.
I've seen those on line. Never understood how/where they go. It looks like you still need to slide a pin in the top link of the implement, so that effectively makes it like Pats lower link quick hitch things.
So far, this seems like too much work to get right. I've found that by building 8x8 pads for my implements, and making sure they're level, it's not that big a deal. Perhaps not quite as quick as a QH, but close.

Has anyone noticed a problem with the additional extension affecting the lifting capacity of the 3 pt hitch?

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #15  
I don't think its being used correctly... MY interpretation is the wide area of adapter is for the 3PH "hook" and it was designed so that the adapter allowed the hook to clear cross bolt under the "top pin" of implement...... Would seem to me that any time you have to start pulling and pushing pins (specifically) it defeats the concept of 3PH....

This is how its used correctly...

maxresdefault.jpg

Dale

Last edited:
   / Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #16  
QH-top-adapter.jpg

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #17  
View attachment 617391

Jim.

This is the correct way to install the adapter.

I don't think its being used correctly... MY interpretation is the wide area of adapter is for the 3PH "hook" and it was designed so that the adapter allowed the hook to clear cross bolt under the "top pin" of implement...... Would seem to me that any time you have to start pulling and pushing pins (specifically) it defeats the concept of 3PH....

maxresdefault.jpg

Dale

This is not only the incorrect way to install it you shouldn't need the adapter for a box blade. They are most commonly used for mowers.

On my Agri Supply quick hitch I am able to leave the adapter pinned to the top link and I just pivot it forward when not in use.

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #18  
I will say it is not that bad to hook up, I might try a 11 inch adapter instead of the 8 inch I have on now just to see how much difference there is, it is still nicer than not having it, the QH that is.

Jim.

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #19  

maxresdefault.jpg

Dale

Remove the adapter, and lower the hook in the adjusting holes so it hooks to the bolt, you may need to remove the bolt and add a bushing to fit the hook opening. In the first pic you can see a bushing mounted over the bolt.IMG_1131.JPGIMG_1130.JPG

/ Uhh....Category 1.5 three point hitch implements? #20  
Another nice thing about a quick hitch is if you’re using a larger heavy hydraulic top link it is always connected and no storage issues when not connected to a implement.