Unfair Competition

/ Unfair Competition #1  

Recoveryhill

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
A recent post, which has disappeared, was made by a Chinese company looking for advice on how to market some unspecified products to the tractor community, in the U.S.

The reply from a poster in North Carolina made a number of assertions, which may or may not be true. The bottom line however seemed to be a rant in defense of U.S. commerce against the "Red Chinese" threat.

North Carolina Tesla ban? Bill would prevent "unfair competition" with car dealerships.

Well it appears that North Carolina is not only a bastion of protectionism against China, but against California as well. With as much emphasis there is on this site about getting the best price, it is difficult to understand support for laws that stand in the way of real competition. Please don't throw the "but where do I get service for a tractor or automobile purchased directly from the manufacturer", curve ball, at me. No serious seller of vehicles or farming or construction equipment can afford not to have local service available. As far as contributions to the YMCA goes for an excuse, I'll leave that to your imagination whether or not this is a valid reason for restraint of trade which results in higher prices to the end user. Dealers after all claim that they make little or no money off a sale, it is after market and service that keeps them alive? I call their bluff.

I recently requested prices from my purchase Dealer in Miami for parts for a Bush Hog SQ160, to compare to Messick's posted pricing. I didn't even hear back and will place the order at Messicks in the coming days. Should purchase of parts by North Carolinians from sources outside of North Carolina also be illegal? Where does it end, China or wherever.... Business is business, that's the reality in 2013.

Food for thought, hard hat in place.....

/ Unfair Competition #2  
The reply from a poster in North Carolina made a number of assertions, which may or may not be true. The bottom line however seemed to be a rant in defense of U.S. commerce against the "Red Chinese" threat....

I think his post was fueled by the Chinese company stating, in another thread, that they were going to copy existing designs by American manufacturers. The plan was to then compete against the same manufacturers they had ripped off.

The wording of his post might not have been the most tasteful but I agree with the message.

/ Unfair Competition #3  
I will simply say two things:

1. The Republicans in NC seem to have run on the principle of free enterprise and less government, but once in power have not lived up to that campaign rhetoric. This article points it out in this case, there are others.

2. A number of other bills and discussion in the NC General Assembly have demonstrated a regressive position of the current prevailing party. This article clearly demonstrates that as well. One current discussion is regarding elimination. Of the income tax and relying only on a sales tax, such a notion clearly penalizes senior citizens who have already been taxed but will be taxed again if the increased sales tax goes through under the current proposal.

The Democrats have had their chances as well but did not do what had to be done to help this state continue on a positive trend.

I am apolitical as I can be.

/ Unfair Competition #4  
I see nothing wrong with outlawing products that are in violation of US patents, regardless of where they come from.

/ Unfair Competition #5  
I think his post was fueled by the Chinese company stating, in another thread, that they were going to copy existing designs by American manufacturers. The plan was to then compete against the same manufacturers they had ripped off.

The wording of his post might not have been the most tasteful but I agree with the message.
Facts are facts. Political Correctness seems to be the apparent mode when communicating nowadays. I agree completely with Nations trading commodities, but FAIR Trade Policies should be followed. I have a question for everyone that commented on North Carolina Politics. It matters not which State it affects, but Fair Trade Standards must be followed, and Patents must be honored. Here is the question: "Who among You, while engaged in a fight for your Home and Country, would resent to unfair Compromise? If you are in a fight and your Opponent breaks his weapon - a stick - would you call a TRUCE and gather a larger and stouter STICK for your opponent to "Bash Your Head With"? Just a thought. Thanks for listening.

/ Unfair Competition #6  
Facts are facts. Political Correctness seems to be the apparent mode when communicating nowadays. I agree completely with Nations trading commodities, but FAIR Trade Policies should be followed. I have a question for everyone that commented on North Carolina Politics. It matters not which State it affects, but Fair Trade Standards must be followed, and Patents must be honored. Here is the question: "Who among You, while engaged in a fight for your Home and Country, would resent to unfair Compromise? If you are in a fight and your Opponent breaks his weapon - a stick - would you call a TRUCE and gather a larger and stouter STICK for your opponent to "Bash Your Head With"? Just a thought. Thanks for listening.
BTW, if any member can find FAULT in my Post, please explain. I'm willing to learn and listen to both subjective, objective, and controversial opinions. Thanks again for listening.

/ Unfair Competition #7  
BTW, if any member can find FAULT in my Post, please explain. I'm willing to learn and listen to both subjective, objective, and controversial opinions. Thanks again for listening.

Well, I wouldn't normally point this out, but since you asked... Your post does not appear to follow the English standards for capitalization. While I understand the all-caps for emphasis, other words are capitalized for no apparent reason. There are also some slight punctuation problems, but no recurring patterns there. Or...were you asking about content? :)

/ Unfair Competition #8  
yo Mike, Creekbend is a little older, like me, and used to using caps in letters when we really did write it out by hand.
Capitalizing was a good way to show emphasis, where you wanted extra attention paid, in a page of little letters. Long
before all caps became digitally non pc.

now I thought you were funny and I'm sure so did Creekbend. I was once told communication was an art, we need to practice it.
'but I cannot imagine being involved in a forum of English teachers. Drive you nuts. You say potato, I say pototo...

/ Unfair Competition #9  
I will simply say two things:

1. The Republicans in NC seem to have run on the principle of free enterprise and less government, but once in power have not lived up to that campaign rhetoric. This article points it out in this case, there are others.

2. A number of other bills and discussion in the NC General Assembly have demonstrated a regressive position of the current prevailing party. This article clearly demonstrates that as well. One current discussion is regarding elimination. Of the income tax and relying only on a sales tax, such a notion clearly penalizes senior citizens who have already been taxed but will be taxed again if the increased sales tax goes through under the current proposal.

The Democrats have had their chances as well but did not do what had to be done to help this state continue on a positive trend.

I am apolitical as I can be.

That's the only way I think.

Tax reform is currently a hot topic in many states now. We have a current proposal to remove all sales tax exemptions--even on food at the grocery store and heating oil/gas--cut the income tax in half, cut property taxes, then rebate some of the sales taxes to low income people. It is regressive.

Taxing groceries would add about $7 per week to my bill, or ~$350 per year. The other removed exemptions wouldn't affect me personally very much, seems like everything I buy is already taxed. My property tax and income tax cut savings would easily offset that increase.

For those not paying much income or property tax, the rebate is their only hope of not paying more taxes than they do now. I doubt landlords will reduce rents when they pay less property or income taxes. Services, besides being newly sales taxed, will not get cheaper all of a sudden due to a lower tax burden on the providers.

We need a simple tax system that is reasonably fair to all. I think moving away from reliance on income taxes will always be regressive.

/ Unfair Competition #10  
yo? what is yo?