Unloading New grapple

/ Unloading New grapple #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
I've ordered one of the new Wildkat grapples and its being delivered tomorrow. Can one of you who recently received one tell me what to expect when the truck arrives? I don't have any pallet forks so I was thinking I'd remove my bucket and attach the new grapple straihg to the quic attach to lift it out of the truck. Is that going to work? Or do I need to plan on getting some chains and use those to lift it out?
Thanks

/ Unloading New grapple #2  
I don't have a wildcat, so I cannot say exactly, but my grapple came in a metal frame / pallet that I just cut off a couple hours ago.

I would suggest unloading with bucket and chains, then getting it on the ground and sorting it out at your leisure.

My luck it would come in backwards or something on the truck and would not be able to grab it anyway. :)

Hope you enjoy it.

I need to sort out my hoses now. They have to be so long to make full use of my range of motion on my skid steer that I am afraid they will get somewhere I don't want them and get pinched off and I will have hydraulic fluid squirting everywhere.

Off to post the question on the equipment forum to see how the smart have done theirs and blatantly copy good ideas.

/ Unloading New grapple #3  
I would suggest unloading with bucket and chains, then getting it on the ground and sorting it out at your leisure.

My luck it would come in backwards or something on the truck and would not be able to grab it anyway. :)

Definitely the best way to go. Before I do anything on something new (especially something with that kind of a price tag) is read the manual so when I go to the dealer and the first thing they say is did you read the dummy warnings and do all the proper maintenance before you started using it. I know that putting it on the QA system probably wouldn't do anything but it would be my luck. I would also think it would be in a crate, so I would keep the bucket on a throw a chain around it, set it on the ground and read the manual and do it right. Don't want to screw something up.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Unloading New grapple #4  
Well I don't have a grapple, but when I brought home my pallet forks, I used the SSQA plate to hook on to the forks after I cut the steel strapping holding it on to the pallet. Of course I was able to have the pallet facing the right way so that I could hook up. But if it was on a semi trailer, I would think you could spin it around by hand on the floor, or at least you and the driver could move it around. And to get it to the end of the trailer just hook a chain onto it and pull with the bucket. I doubt it will come in a crate. Almost guarantee it will just be on a pallet with steel strapping it down. Not saying the other ideas aren't fine, but I think you original idea would work fine too.

James K0UA

/ Unloading New grapple #5  
I picked up my WildKat grapple at the trucking company where it was sitting on a pallet, unstrapped. The trucking company loaded it into my trailer, I took it home, and picked it up by connecting it to my front end loader arms.

/ Unloading New grapple #6  
I picked up my WildKat grapple at the trucking company where it was sitting on a pallet, unstrapped. The trucking company loaded it into my trailer, I took it home, and picked it up by connecting it to my front end loader arms.

Congratulations:thumbsup:

Be sure to post some pics when you have time:D

/ Unloading New grapple

I did. Had to run to town to get some couplings beofre the tractor store closed. My couplings were 3/8 and the loader grapple comes with 1/2 inch on a 1/4 inch hose. Go figure.

The grapple came on a pallet and the drive wheeled it to the back of the truck. I dropped my bucket and had it hooked to the quick attach and off the truck in less than 2 minutes. Bought a 25 foot chain for nothing...although you can always use a chain around the house. i'll get some pics and give an update after I've run it a bit. However the whole process from order to delivery took 1 week at my request. It would have been here Wed. but I needed to schedule it for today so I could be here. Initail impressions ar very good. Welds seem good and the unit seems solid. The shipping tag said 500 lbs but I don't think so. The hydraulic cuplings I bought are leaking so got to see what's up with that but I feel Ok about the grapple if the pins fit per my other post.

/ Unloading New grapple #9  
I didn't think you would have any trouble just hooking it to the SSQA and lifting it off. As for the fit, just raise it up and shake it front to back and see if it fits tight without a lot of slop.. If it does... put it to work.:thumbsup:

James K0UA