Upgraded tractor time for different blower?

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #1  

Amateurwheels

Tractor
2018 Boomer 50 Cab (LS XR4150HC) Former: 2008 NH T1520
So I致e upgraded from a NH T1520 open shuttle shift to a used 2018 NH Boomer 50 Cab Hydro ( aka LS XR4150HC) with 60 hrs. I have a Land Pride SB64 rear blower that is 4 years old. The Snow blower doesn稚 have hydraulics on it. Looking through the LP parts book, the kit to convert it is discontinued, although I haven稚 called a dealer to confirm.

Options:

1. Sell and replace with larger blower with hydraulics. I壇 probably go 84?
2. Rig up a cylinder to turn the chute or try and source the kit
3. Front mount 72 blower for 7-9k. I do have a mid pto. Not seeing any used on Tractor House. I believe I壇 need both a frame and the blower?
4. Get out and rotate it manually?

Asphalt driveway is 500 long, parking pad that痴 30x30. Also blow a path to the pole barn that痴 200 of grass.

I also have a 5 rear blade, but would like a wider one so it can be angled and cover the tire width. Depending on the forecast i値l use the blower first then finish with the blade.

Option 3 would allow me to have the blade on the back at the same time so that痴 appealing. 9k isn稚 appealing.

So while it痴 only August, it痴 a couple months away. I think option 3 is good for the long term, keep looking for a used one, but what about the short term? What would you do in my shoes?

I知 really excited about a cab for snow removal!:dance1:

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #2  
Understandable.....

I have a Lucknow 84 rear mount and a 10 foot county plow on the front for snow removal. If I cannot push it, I blow it. Yes, hydraulic chute rotator and angle adjustment. 100_0005.JPG

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #3  
Understandable.....

I have a Lucknow 84 rear mount and a 10 foot county plow on the front for snow removal. If I cannot push it, I blow it. Yes, hydraulic chute rotator and angle adjustment.View attachment 618183

That's a good setup. I have a traditional 3pt rear snowblower that I like, but my neck doesn't. I would love to have a Rear Pull Snowblower. People I've talked to that have them love them. A 78" Meteor with a hydraulic chute rotator would be about $5,000,

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #4  

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #5  
Skip the front blower- don’t give up the bucket or plow. You can rig up a hydraulic or electric chute rotation on your existing blower. A 500’ driveway isn’t exactly all consuming. I could think of some other implements I’d get before I replaced a perfectly good blower- especially a LP!

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #6  

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #7  
I'm not a fan of pull blowers, mostly because we get heavy drifting here in Colorado. You can't pull a blower through what you cant drive through. Bigger tractors & lesser drifting conditions or blowing with the storm change that equation a lot though.

I've liked my SSQA plows. My previous 3pt blower got sold as it was to small by a foot when I upgraded tractors. I really wished I'd replaced it for the blizzard last year, but still havent gotten to it & made due with just the plow.

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #8  
So I致e upgraded from a NH T1520 open shuttle shift to a used 2018 NH Boomer 50 Cab Hydro ( aka LS XR4150HC) with 60 hrs. I have a Land Pride SB64 rear blower that is 4 years old. The Snow blower doesn稚 have hydraulics on it. Looking through the LP parts book, the kit to convert it is discontinued, although I haven稚 called a dealer to confirm.

Options:

1. Sell and replace with larger blower with hydraulics. I壇 probably go 84?
2. Rig up a cylinder to turn the chute or try and source the kit
3. Front mount 72 blower for 7-9k. I do have a mid pto. Not seeing any used on Tractor House. I believe I壇 need both a frame and the blower?
4. Get out and rotate it manually?

Asphalt driveway is 500 long, parking pad that痴 30x30. Also blow a path to the pole barn that痴 200 of grass.

I also have a 5 rear blade, but would like a wider one so it can be angled and cover the tire width. Depending on the forecast i値l use the blower first then finish with the blade.

Option 3 would allow me to have the blade on the back at the same time so that痴 appealing. 9k isn稚 appealing.

So while it痴 only August, it痴 a couple months away. I think option 3 is good for the long term, keep looking for a used one, but what about the short term? What would you do in my shoes?

I知 really excited about a cab for snow removal!:dance1:

=======================================================================================================================================

It all depends on how much money you have.

Front mount units require an under frame system and a reversing gearbox AND your ground clearance is reduced.
You could sell the landpride snow blower and go across the border to a Pronovost dealer and save a bundle on buying
a new rear mount 2 stage puma snow blower with hydraulic chute rotation and spout elevation.
You will have no trouble bringing it across the border as your sales tax will be refunded as it is for personal use and not commercial use.

Check with the local landpride dealer to see if the conversion kit is still available as that will be the least expensive option for now for your set up.
Looking for a used rear mount two stage can land you into a world of trouble as you do not know how much bank ramming/digging/curb jumping it
has done and a cross auger that is bent will cause you a world of hurt in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower?
Interesting. Thank you, didn't know that Canadian purchases came across refunded. Is that done at the border?

=======================================================================================================================================

It all depends on how much money you have.

Front mount units require an under frame system and a reversing gearbox AND your ground clearance is reduced.
You could sell the landpride snow blower and go across the border to a Pronovost dealer and save a bundle on buying
a new rear mount 2 stage puma snow blower with hydraulic chute rotation and spout elevation.
You will have no trouble bringing it across the border as your sales tax will be refunded as it is for personal use and not commercial use.

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #10  
I have a 7 1/2' PA plow on the front and an 84" double auger blower on the rear. I'm in the snow belt S.E. of Lake Ontario and they do a fine job.

Attachments

• DSCN2000 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2000 (Medium).JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 113