Used Kubotas selling for original prices?

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices?
Yeah, I looked at some Kioti's... no where near the quality of the Kubota's... sometimes cheaper is not worth it.

I've been research tractors for the past few months trying to educate myself. The more I research the more I'm going to buy a Kubota for my first tractor as service, parts and reliability are worth the extra money.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #12  
Yeah, I looked at some Kioti's... no where near the quality of the Kubota's... sometimes cheaper is not worth it.
No idea what models you were comparing.
I know when I bought my Kioti DK 35 in 2001 the fit/finish/quality was right up there with the Kubota models I was comparing IMO. (L3010 and 3410)
17 years and 2122 hours later my DK 35 has been awesome.
Also included more standard features in the price. Extendable lower link arms and extendable sway bars on the 3 point, rear remotes, mid PTO and draft control.
Also had the option for SSQA back then with heavy duty bucket for $500 (which I also got)
Still works and runs like when it was new.
Never gives me any problems, and never been back to the dealer.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #13  
No idea what models you were comparing.
I know when I bought my Kioti DK 35 in 2001 the fit/finish/quality was right up there with the Kubota models I looked at.
17 years and 2122 hours later my DK 35 has been awesome.
Still works and runs like when it was new.
Never gives me any problems, and never been back to the dealer.

That's great. I'm glad you are happy. I guess it just comes down to what I perceive vs what you perceive. A good friend of mine just bought a $110,000 Land Rover... I don't see the value in that compared to my $60,000 F 150. Of course, I didn't tell him that...:D

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #14  
I've been research tractors for the past few months trying to educate myself. The more I research the more I'm going to buy a Kubota for my first tractor as service, parts and reliability are worth the extra money.

Well, I think the same thing. Others... not so much. This is why God was so smart when he made chocolate, vanilla, AND strawberry ice cream... to each his own... :thumbsup:

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #15  
They definitely hold their value. You can look at tractor house or similar to see what they sell for. Mine still goes for very close to what I paid 8 years ago. The quality definitely effects that, unlike cars you don’t pay much more to own an old one vs a new one and the features don’t change all that much

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #16  
That's great. I'm glad you are happy. I guess it just comes down to what I perceive vs what you perceive. A good friend of mine just bought a $110,000 Land Rover... I don't see the value in that compared to my $60,000 F 150. Of course, I didn't tell him that...:D

Relation bought a new 90k Land Rover and it cost him 45k... this was back when there was a 50% tax credit for business use.

He went to trade it in 10 years later on a new 74k SuperDuty and the Ford dealer offered him $4,500 trade in... car had a 100,000 miles and looked as new... I asked about it and he gave it too me... said he was not going to let it go for $4500... I have done a lot of work at the place.

As for tractor depreciation... owned my CAT D3 dozer for 17 years and sold it almost for I paid for it... didn't spend anything on it other than oil/filters/hoses.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #17  
Luke the expert.

It seems that the new M-5 is a utility tractor and does use DEF, but as stated no point trying to educate blah blah blah......

M-6 ditto!

Like I wrote; "...that I know of." Thanks for the information. :thumbsup:.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #18  
John Deere 4020's sold for ~$10k back in the 70's. Good ones still bring that today
8n Fords sold for under $1500 back in the 1950's. Bring that and more today

How dare they!

I could go on with a hundred other examples, but its a moot point.

Bottom line, supply and demand sets price. Nothing more. No one is gonna sell anything for more money than someone is willing to pay for it.

If the demand is there, and the supply is limited, the price is high. If the demand is low, and there is a surplus of whatever is selling, price is driven down.

Couple of smaller examples......at least around me.....

Old disc's and plows. 20 years ago no one wanted them. Were worth more as scrap iron. Alot of old 1, 2, and 3 bottom plows and 5-7' discs were scrapped. 10 years later you couldnt find a good one for a reasonable price. Now, there isnt much demand for them because of the CUT + tiller fad. So plows are hard to sell. Disc's not so much because they are a more versatile tool.

Cultipackers is another. Everyone went no-till. Cultipackers were all but worthless and many got scrapped. Enter the deere food plot craze and now people are asking $500-$1000 for a 50 year old 8' single packer......that a few decades ago you couldnt give away.

Its all supply and demand

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #19  
They definitely hold their value. You can look at tractor house or similar to see what they sell for. Mine still goes for very close to what I paid 8 years ago. The quality definitely effects that, unlike cars you don稚 pay much more to own an old one vs a new one and the features don稚 change all that much

Yes, don't forget inflation though. The equivalent tractor new today is probably 20%-25% more than what you paid, so the guy who's buying your old tractor sees that as 25% discount on new.

Yup. In my part of the world (NZ) we're still part of the British empire. So we have a somewhat jaded view of British made vehicles - mechanically not too bad, but I wouldn't buy one with anything electrical on it. As you note further down, they're worth nothing second hand because everything stops working. My father in law had an older Discovery with electric seats. He came to the airport to pick us up one day, and laid the seat down for a nap whilst waiting. Of course it wouldn't go back up, so we drove it for 2 days with the drivers seat lying down. Ended up connecting the seat motors directly to the battery to straighten it up, told him not to adjust it again.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #20  
Be cautious of what you see on some of the online places. I looked my tractor up, which was only made from 1999-2003. One listing on tractorhouse was for a 2013 and one was for a 2010.
I'm sure anyone could make a mistake on their submission though.