Used Kubotas selling for original prices?

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #21  
I bought an older Kubota B1550 with a Cutis cab and FEL about 4 years ago for $6800. I put 2 front tires on it, I changed the oil & filter, and I put about 100 hours on it in those 4 years. I just sold it for $7900 because I bought a bigger Kubota. Can't go wrong with a Kubota! I wouldn't buy any other tractor.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #22  
It's true, you can't go wrong with a nice gently used, name brand (whatever that is anymore) tractor. Many (again, name brand) dealers won't even take the "other" tractors on trade at any price. In fact, I spoke with a Kubota salesman a few weeks ago that won't even take the "other" orange tractor in trade.

As for the o/p. Don't confuse asking prices with selling prices. Often worlds apart. Everyone thinks their stuff is gold!

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #23  
I've been looking at pre-DEF Kubotas from years 2013 and later. I noticed one tractor, M5040, is selling for $31,000. It was mfg from 2007-2010 and sold for $24K-$30K with FEL. Why would someone sell a used tractor for same price the paid almost 10 yrs ago?

I also looked at a M7040HDC with FEL selling for $33,000.

I've been research tractors for the past few months trying to educate myself. The more I research the more I'm going to buy a Kubota for my first tractor as service, parts and reliability are worth the extra money.

From these and your other posts, you seem to be going through paralysis by analysis ...

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #24  
A good friend of mine just bought a $110,000 Land Rover... I don't see the value in that compared to my $60,000 F 150. Of course, I didn't tell him that...:D

I think you're both lunatics.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #25  
I think you're both lunatics.
Agreed. I don’t know how I’d make it without my dump truck. Upgrading to a heavier 1 ton that’s 4wd is in the plans eventually. I really do need another vehicle but it’ll be a $10k 2000s body style Chevy 2500. Not hating on Ford, I just have zero use for a pickup that needs carpet pads in the bed to haul anything.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #26  
That's great. I'm glad you are happy. I guess it just comes down to what I perceive vs what you perceive. A good friend of mine just bought a $110,000 Land Rover... I don't see the value in that compared to my $60,000 F 150. Of course, I didn't tell him that...:D

I’m struggling with a $60K F-150. My 2006 will have to do.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #27  
Did the tractor actually sell for that or was that the advertised price?

People often think their stuff if worth more then it is. But there is a big difference in asking price vs what someone will actually pay.

Tractors do hold value well especially Kubota. I'm only guessing but a 10 to 15 percent decrease the first year and only a couple percent each year thereafter seems typical.

With easy low rate financing and purchase incentives a lot of people won't bother looking at used.

Used mandates cash while new can be financed.
Most folks simply don't have enough cash in hand to purchase good used.

In the 1,2 perhaps $3000. range cash can work but above that small loan interest simply kills the deal.
Dealer finance becomes very attractive at (more and more) only so much $$ per week! next we will see per day! (used to be per month)
Then add all the extras as it is a mere $1.99/mth (for 60 months)
LOL. I rest my case.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #30  
As for the o/p. Don't confuse asking prices with selling prices. Often worlds apart. Everyone thinks their stuff is gold!

A couple years ago I looked at my BILs Harley. He said he wanted $3000 for it and I didn't want to dicker with a hard nosed farmer so I let it pass because I could get that style anytime for that price. Although he really kept it up nice.

Last year he told me he sold it for $2700 to some stranger. Once a person begins selling his expensive stuff he might get a rude awakening as to how few people are willing to pay that much for it.