Used Tractor

/ Used Tractor #21  
Of the two, I would choose the 4610. Better get that sucker before someone beats you to it. Pics please.

/ Used Tractor #22  
If the OP sees a front mounted snowblower or anything else that requires a mid PTO in the future, verify this tractor has a mid PTO or at least confirm the cassette gear is already installed. On some of the older models the cassette gear is not always installed at the factory making it considerable work to add later (might require splitting tractor). If the cassette gear is in place, the mid PTO is a very easy addition. Of course this assumes there is a need for a mid PTO (front mounted snowblower, mower, etc...).

In looking through an old copy (2003) of the wholegoods price list, I couldn't find any reference to a snowblower option for the L4610. There are listings for the L3010, L3410 and L3710 but nothing is documented for the larger L4x10 models.

/ Used Tractor #23  
If the OP sees a front mounted snowblower or anything else that requires a mid PTO in the future, verify this tractor has a mid PTO or at least confirm the cassette gear is already installed. On some of the older models the cassette gear is not always installed at the factory making it considerable work to add later (might require splitting tractor). If the cassette gear is in place, the mid PTO is a very easy addition. Of course this assumes there is a need for a mid PTO (front mounted snowblower, mower, etc...).

In looking through an old copy (2003) of the wholegoods price list, I couldn't find any reference to a snowblower option for the L4610. There are listings for the L3010, L3410 and L3710 but nothing is documented for the larger L4x10 models.

L4610 did not have a mid-PTO. The smaller L3010, 3410 and 3710's were so equipped.

/ Used Tractor #24  
Thanks,It is kind of what I wanted to hear, just doing my research I know that the L4610 was a premium heavy duty tractor and I have nothing against someone making a profit.I am going to look at this first tomorrow and if it checks all the boxes I will probably just pull the trigger.Thanks again

If it is as good as it sounds, you will be able to use it for years and still get your money back if you decide to go for something different.
rScotty

/ Used Tractor #25  
Looks like everyone is in agreement that the L4610 is a nice machine,so tomorrow is the day, I have the check list what to look at. What would you guys do on the asking price? And while I am at the dealership I was going to check out a new 3901.But as I have been looking around a good used machine that fits my needs is really hard to find that is why I would like to pull the trigger on this L4610

I DO NOT think you should buy that L4610 !!!
I am in Florida until April, but I think you should pass on that tractor.
If it is still there, I WILL buy it ...... the day after I return to NE.

/ Used Tractor #26  
L4610 did not have a mid-PTO. The smaller L3010, 3410 and 3710's were so equipped.

Still, a great snow remover would be the L4610 with a real plow on the loader and a blower on the 3pt. hitch via rear PTO.

/ Used Tractor #27  
Still, a great snow remover would be the L4610 with a real plow on the loader and a blower on the 3pt. hitch via rear PTO.

I agree, add a pair (or two) of tire chains, and you'd have a great snow removal machine at a very good price. I wouldn't even look at the higher hour machine if the 4610 is available.

/ Used Tractor #28  
Man, I am getting the itch to get a bigger and cabbed tractor.

/ Used Tractor #29  

We're not known for having mountains of snow around here, but I have done some snow clearing on occasion with mine. Once when we got about 10" of heavy, slushy snow, I cleared our church parking lot with the L4610, FEL and rear blade. The snow was so heavy only a few passes could be windrowed with the rear blade angled, but the FEL would easily push the windrows into huge piles, even with the R4's. That was one time I really missed having a cab tractor!

Non-QA type FEL buckets were pretty much the norm on CUT's back in 2002, and if I had it to do over, I'd have gone for the QA option so snow blades, forks, etc. would be more useable. I guess some folks lacking a QA FEL have made home-brew snowplows from an old truck plow, attaching them to the FEL bucket in some way.

/ Used Tractor #30  
Where's Martial Plumber?? Don't leave us hanging... by now, he's looked at the tractor(s)?