Used Tractor

/ Used Tractor #11  
That is a really nice tractor, and as you get to know it, and understand what you have, I would guess you will be very pleased with your choice. The Grand L machines are nice to operate, and while they probably don't really do more than lesser machines will, what they do is done in style and comfort. Clearing snow will become a pleasure. Are you thinking a SSQA plow? I believe that would be my choice. Snowblowers are good in some situations, but generally slow and awkward overall. Enjoy.

/ Used Tractor #12  
I am going to check out a 2002 Kubota L4610HSTC2 46hp hydrostatic. Factory cab with heat and AC. Equipped with a LA852 loader. Excellent condition with ONLY 253 extremely low hours asking 23,900. Is there anything I should check on this model.I did talk with the dealership about the hours and they said the previous owner bought it new from them and just did not use it, he just traded it in on a new machine.

If you don't buy it, I will.

/ Used Tractor
Looks like everyone is in agreement that the L4610 is a nice machine,so tomorrow is the day, I have the check list what to look at. What would you guys do on the asking price? And while I am at the dealership I was going to check out a new 3901.But as I have been looking around a good used machine that fits my needs is really hard to find that is why I would like to pull the trigger on this L4610

/ Used Tractor #14  
I don't think I would be overly concerned about the price. Sure, if you can save some money, that's great. More importantly, if the tractor seems to be as good as you think, and the dealer is friendly and helpful, the asking price is reasonable enough. A couple thousand bucks will be forgotten over time if the tractor works well for you, and turns out to be the right choice. Until you have some time and experience, knowing which machine is ideal, vs. okay to get by with, is mostly guess-work. If you can, start with "better" and grow into it. I don't know what the L4610HSC sold for new, but likely close to $30K if not more. Taken care of the way you stated, I wouldn't be concerned about the age if the tires aren't cracking from UV exposure. No matter what, we would enjoy photos!

/ Used Tractor #15  
I don't think I would be overly concerned about the price. If the tractor seems to be as good as you think, and the dealer is friendly and helpful, the asking price is reasonable enough.

VARMINT: Excellent advice.

/ Used Tractor
Thanks,It is kind of what I wanted to hear, just doing my research I know that the L4610 was a premium heavy duty tractor and I have nothing against someone making a profit.I am going to look at this first tomorrow and if it checks all the boxes I will probably just pull the trigger.Thanks again

/ Used Tractor
Okay not to complicate things but on some more research I just ran across a Kubota 2005 L4330HSTC cab tractor which has 1300 hours for 20k it is in the same area should I check on this one?

/ Used Tractor #18  
Sure, but unless it is "pristine" and has been verifiably maintained I guess the 4610 would still be my choice hands down. 1300 hours isn't bad, but two major maintaince's should have been performed along the way, and everything such as the tires will have been used up more.

The more tractors you look at, the more fundamental knowledge you will be acquiring. Stuff like remotes, which for a lot of us are very useful, SSQA (both should have that) and any damage would all factor in. Good lighting is easily and cheaply added by you.

Starting with a very clean, low hour tractor has its charms, even if you will the type of user that doesn't wash or worry about "appearance" in that service will be easier, and you have the potential of holding onto your "investment's" value. Unlike a car or truck, a well-bought tractor that's cared for holds it value. At least in Maryland. You should be able to do useful work with your tractor, and when you no longer need it, recover much of your money put into it.

/ Used Tractor #19  
Okay not to complicate things but on some more research I just ran across a Kubota 2005 L4330HSTC cab tractor which has 1300 hours for 20k it is in the same area should I check on this one?

The L4330 may have had more than one owner and has five times the engine hours on the L4610.

When you buy from other than an original owner, you never know how the intermediate owners kept up on lubricant changes and greasing.

The L4610 would only have required a 50 hours service and likely the next service interval was 400 or 600 hours. (But certainly change all fluids and filters, grease and run out 90% of old fuel if you buy the L4610.)

However, it never hurts to look. There is no better time to negotiate price on a used tractor than when there is snow on the ground.

/ Used Tractor #20  
I am going to check out a 2002 Kubota L4610HSTC2 46hp hydrostatic. Factory cab with heat and AC. Equipped with a LA852 loader. Excellent condition with ONLY 253 extremely low hours asking 23,900. Is there anything I should check on this model.I did talk with the dealership about the hours and they said the previous owner bought it new from them and just did not use it, he just traded it in on a new machine.

If in condition as described, great choice.