Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #72  
And saying, " I would, but... " is a cop out. You are either in or your out. No excuses.

Cop out? o_O

Ok, so in your world, we manufacture widgets under strict pollution guidelines, at a much more costly rate.
Meanwhile China, India, Mexico produce same widgets without strict pollution guidelines at a much cheaper rate.

Now seriously, how long do you think we can compete for consumers worldwide or domestically if our widgets are the same widgets, but cost more?

Any idea what that will do to our manufacturing sector?

/ Used Value vs Age #73  
It doesn’t store the soot.

It catches the soot and waits for EGTs to get high enough to convert it into less harmful gases .
"Catches the soot and waits for exhaust gas temperature......"?

Exactly where is the soot while the waiting is taking place.
Not "stored"....right?

/ Used Value vs Age #75  
   / Used Value vs Age #76  
I have a 2019 2500 Ram diesel truck. It gets about 16mpg at 65 mph. It gets 18.5 mpg at 75mph. Go figure🤔🤔

/ Used Value vs Age #77  
But did you not specifically state in an earlier post, that the soot is NOT being "stored"?

Stored, captured and held, caught.

What’s your angle?

/ Used Value vs Age #78  
I have a 2019 2500 Ram diesel truck. It gets about 16mpg at 65 mph. It gets 18.5 mpg at 75mph. Go figure

Seems like it’s more efficient with more rpm?

Btw I love my 13 Ram 1500. The interior of these trucks are a great place to spend time if you have to spend time behind the wheel.

/ Used Value vs Age #79  
Doesnt it? I’m not 100% sure, but it sounds like the words spoken of a “faculty lounge expert”, with no real world experience.
From the belt driven smog pump of 1972 all the way to today’s DPFs and all the catalytic converters in between, every pollution control device reduces efficiency and increases fuel consumption. That’s just plain fact for the last 50 years.
Now do they reduce emissions? Of course they do and that’s a good thing. However, the word we are focused on is
Doesnt it? I’m not 100% sure, but it sounds like the words spoken of a “faculty lounge expert”, with no real world experience.
From the belt driven smog pump of 1972 all the way to today’s DPFs and all the catalytic converters in between, every pollution control device reduces efficiency and increases fuel consumption. That’s just plain fact for the last 50 years.
Now do they reduce emissions? Of course they do and that’s a good thing. However, the word we are focused on is “efficiency“.
Not sure who you think your talking to but if you think I have no experiance, maybe you should swing by and we can take a few cars and do some experiments.

/ Used Value vs Age #80  
Not sure who you think your talking to but if you think I have no experiance, maybe you should swing by and we can take a few cars and do some experiments.
I know who I’m talking to!
Sounds like fun, Paul. You buying the plane tickets?