Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #61  
Nice tractor. What model JD is that? Are you sure that one doesn't have a Yanmar motor? Lots of the older JDs since about 1990 did.
4120, with American-made JD Powertec engine not Japanese Yanmar.

/ Used Value vs Age #62  
Nice tractor. What model JD is that? Are you sure that one doesn't have a Yanmar motor? Lots of the older JDs since about 1990 did.
2005 JD 4120 with American-made JD Powertec engine, not a Japanese Yanmar. That was a big deal for me at the time because I still had a couple of living close relatives who had done difficult combat tours in the Pacific theater of WW2 and still held a bit of a grudge.

I am more of a "forgive and forget" type of guy but, out of respect for that old marine and sailor, that played a significant part in my purchase decision. It turned out to be a no-brainer anyhow, when the new JD was a little cheaper than a comparably sized and equipped Kubota, and tied with a slightly smaller NH, each of which had Japanese engines.

The tractor has held up very well the past 16 years needing only a new starter and new front tires. It has just over 1000 hours on it now. I do not work it too hard, because I have several other tractors and I am the only one who operates them.

/ Used Value vs Age #63  
I have a hard time buying foreign, but there’s few choices now. I have (2) big Kubotas.
I look at the whole WW-2 Japanese made thing this way:
I bet most Japanese people were against the war.
We are now such strong allies.
They take a lot of pride in what they make
The world is a better place with them in it with us.
Its better than buying Chinese stuff

/ Used Value vs Age #65  
Doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
No, but it means we ALL should try.
If we are going to become a “global economy“ (we already have been for years) it’s not fair that America has to build everything clean, which is much more costly than the other competitors building it dirty.
It costs too many American jobs. Those jobs go straight to China, Mexico and India, where little pollution control exists.
Come on, man!

/ Used Value vs Age #66  
No, but it means we ALL should try.
If we are going to become a “global economy“ (we already have been for years) it’s not fair that America has to build everything clean, which is much more costly than the other competitors building it dirty.
It costs too many American jobs. Those jobs go straight to China, Mexico and India, where little pollution control exists.
Come on, man!
I don't make the system, I'm just one guy that can try.

/ Used Value vs Age #67  
   / Used Value vs Age #69