Useful attachments adapted to PT ?

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ?
The OEM bolts were hard to remove on mine, but the new ones threaded right in. I don't know if that means there is a locknut that is now shot or if they used thread locker. I put thread lock on the new bolts a couple of days ago, but haven't checked to see if they are now set in place.

If I could source the right kind of blades and bolts, I'd be very tempted to change them out.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #132  
I think I've mentioned that I'm tempted to cut my hub down in height and use gull-wing blades. Some day I may give that a try.

The wheels were delivered today and had only a brief moment before it started pouring rain.

I bought one set of wheels with a 1 1/4 yoke. No joy. The PT tube is maybe 1mm or so too small in diameter. Rain was starting so didn't get the exact measurement.

Also bought pair of wheels without the yoke. The hub on them doesn't fit in the PT fork, either.

In meantime, saw that there doesn't seem to be a spec of grease on the front wheel bearings.

So here we ago again with nothing being easy.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #134  
You could always bore out the tube if you were sure you wanted to go this route. If the shaft of the yoke is removable, you might be able to replace it or possibly turn it down if you have a lathe or know someone who does.

The shaft on the replacement laminated wheel is welded in place. The OD is 1.255" where the PT shaft OD is 1.245". For comparison, the shaft on my 5' Jbar tail wheel assembly is 1.248".

I suspect the least cash outlay would be to buy some 1.25" steel rod to replace the shaft, but looks like a pain to grind out these welds.

Maybe I can find a shaft/yoke assembly that isn't oversized and return these.

I'm reluctant to enlarge the mount because if it turns out that a 15" tire is just too big to use with the factory caster mount, I'd like to be able to reinstall the OEM fork/yoke/wheel.

Local machine shop sold me a 22" piece of 1 1/4 rod that fits inside the PT mount for $15. Right now, I'm wondering if it would be less work just to build my own fork instead of trying to cut out the oversized shaft from the replacement yoke and replace it with the rod from the machine shop.

I called the manufacturer that made the replacement yoke to ask if they have any other yokes with a shaft that will fit. The guy I spoke with thought they'd all be the same OD. Was told I needed to speak with the owner when he returns after Memorial Day weekend to see if he could suggest any other options.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #138  
I do not think it would be that hard to replace the shaft on the new fork with the 1 1/4 stock you got or sand off the 0.01" to downsize the shaft that is already attached.

I do not think it would be that hard to replace the shaft on the new fork with the 1 1/4 stock you got or sand off the 0.01" to downsize the shaft that is already attached.
The shaft fits after removing the powder coating with a wire brush in an angle grinder.

The entire assembly is free to rotate without striking the cutting deck at least with the deck in the highest position. Cut a test section of field, and I think the cutting deck is now sufficiently high to clear most of the debris left from mulching.

These are the wheels/yoke assemblies I bought. https://www.amazon.com/Laminated-Wh...16860150&sprefix=laminated wheel 1 1/,aps,641

I still have to figure out how to mount larger wheels at the rear of the deck.

I think I've mentioned that I'm tempted to cut my hub down in height and use gull-wing blades. Some day I may give that a try.
If you could raise your deck by using larger wheels, you might gain enough clearance to mount gull wing blades without having to cut your hub down.