Various BoxBlade Uses

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #61  
I have both, and have only used my box blade a few times. I much perfer a straight blade, due to angle capability.

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #62  
I started using mine for cutting wood. I should say clearing a spot to drop a tree. No more cutting wood in snow up to my knees :D Next option T n t, I had much better luck at moving snow with the BB and adjusting the cut so I wasn't cutting into the ground like I was with the loader. The ground under 16-18 '' of snow wasn't frozen. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1181_1.jpg
    IMG_1181_1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1182_1.jpg
    IMG_1182_1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_1183_1.jpg
    IMG_1183_1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1187_1.jpg
    IMG_1187_1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 437
   / Various BoxBlade Uses
I started using mine for cutting wood. I should say clearing a spot to drop a tree. No more cutting wood in snow up to my knees :D Next option T n t, I had much better luck at moving snow with the BB and adjusting the cut so I wasn't cutting into the ground like I was with the loader. The ground under 16-18 '' of snow wasn't frozen. :eek:
lol, now THAT is an interesting use of the box blade.:)

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #64  
Hey there 3RRL .... a quick question on your box blade setup... Do you have tnt and have hydraulic cylinders on both vertical arms on your 3 point? I can't quite tell from your pictures.. but I can't figure out how you get that box blade in all those positions unless you have hydraulic cylinders on top and both sides? Thanks

/ Various BoxBlade Uses
Hey there 3RRL .... a quick question on your box blade setup... Do you have tnt and have hydraulic cylinders on both vertical arms on your 3 point? I can't quite tell from your pictures.. but I can't figure out how you get that box blade in all those positions unless you have hydraulic cylinders on top and both sides? Thanks

Hi, thanks for your interest.
Yes I have hydraulic side link cylinders on both sides plus a hydraulic top link. I have double pilot operated check valves on all 3 cylinders. I added them myself a while ago and they are beefy. I put the 2 side link cylinders together myself and bought the top link from CCM. I used the OEM valve that used to work the 2 rear remotes to control the side links. Then I installed another valve for my 3 rear remotes.
Here's the link to that thread: Installing Side Links and Rear Remotes
Here are some photos of that set up and also a video of working them all...

Here's a video of my boxblade working.
Watch how I put the rippers down and rip. Then after ripping a few feet I raise them up and start to smooth the pad I'm building. That only rips up where I want and I can move that dirt to a different place without tearing up the whole pad. There is a link on the first couple posts to my hydraulic box blade modification.

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #66  
That is awesome Rob!:D

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #67  
whew.. as Robin would say "holy contortionist, Batman - is there any axis that box blade won't bend on" impressive stuff!!!!:D

/ Various BoxBlade Uses
Thanks guys,
I know I've posted some of those videos before, so I hope you don't mind.
I have many of using the box blade for all kinds of different stuff and some of the other implements I've made modifications on.

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #69  
Rob, do you have any idea how long that would take me cranking to do that by hand?!?!

By the way, I just picked up a 7' back blade today. An older one, but still in decent shape and about 450 pounds. The previous owner has added a kick stand leg on the front (it needs some refinement, but is a good start!) and a rod on the back to stack up bar bell weights. Ran it around the back yard pulling snow and with the blade angled sharply it can pull the tractor off line pretty easy on the snow. Dern R4's.

jb

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #70  
3RRL - That is a great setup you have with the TNT - really makes the adjustments fast and easy. I could see where a setup like that would make using certain attachments more desirable. I have ditches on either side of my driveway and the hand cranking/adjusting to get the box blade or rear blade angled right gets old in a hurry and makes that job much more of a chore.