Vehicle Lifts

/ Vehicle Lifts #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Anyone have a vehicle lift installed in their shop /garage ?
I'm looking to install a 2 post lift in my garage and wondered if anyone had any comments on a good brand

/ Vehicle Lifts #2  
My buddy has a 10,000lb BendPak lift in his shop. He uses it all the time......I use it to change oil on all our vehicles including my 3/4 ton chevy pick up. His lift is a two post.........I believe he payed a little under $3K for it about 8 years ago. Sure is nice.....beats crawling under cars.

/ Vehicle Lifts #3  
I have a 9000 lb twin post made by Challenger. Mine's a model 39000. Company is based in Kentucky. Installed it many years ago and never a problem.
I hear Challenger and Rotary are the best.

Attachments

• mini_DSCN0976.JPG
    mini_DSCN0976.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMAG0180 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0180 (Large).jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 282
   / Vehicle Lifts
I have a 9000 lb twin post made by Challenger. Mine's a model 39000. Company is based in Kentucky. Installed it many years ago and never a problem.
I hear Challenger and Rotary are the best.

I had been looking at 2 post lifts at Greg Smith equipment. I bought a tire changer from them several yrs ago and have had no problems with it. Of course I'm not a commercial shop, so it will most likely serve me for many yrs.

Having said that. I was talking to a guy about 2 months ago, that installs lifts about installing a Greg Smith 10K 2 post lift. He said if I buy the lift,he would install (less electrical) for $450.00

Well, yesterday this same guy calls and tells me that he is removing a 2 yr old 10K Rotary brand 2 post lift from a dealership and ask if I'm interested. I ask how much and he says $1900.00 installed (without electrical. He says it works great. That some dealerships change their equipment out from time to time.
I told him I'll take it. He says he is going to remove it this week and will try to install it for me sometime this week.
I told him I'm not paying until I see it lift my Dodge Ram 2500 into the air. He said that was fine with him.

It's good to know Rotary is one of the better lifts

/ Vehicle Lifts #6  
I had been looking at 2 post lifts at Greg Smith equipment. I bought a tire changer from them several yrs ago and have had no problems with it. Of course I'm not a commercial shop, so it will most likely serve me for many yrs.

Having said that. I was talking to a guy about 2 months ago, that installs lifts about installing a Greg Smith 10K 2 post lift. He said if I buy the lift,he would install (less electrical) for $450.00

Well, yesterday this same guy calls and tells me that he is removing a 2 yr old 10K Rotary brand 2 post lift from a dealership and ask if I'm interested. I ask how much and he says $1900.00 installed (without electrical. He says it works great. That some dealerships change their equipment out from time to time.
I told him I'll take it. He says he is going to remove it this week and will try to install it for me sometime this week.
I told him I'm not paying until I see it lift my Dodge Ram 2500 into the air. He said that was fine with him.

Sounds like a great deal:thumbsup:

/ Vehicle Lifts #8  

I'm glad you found one at a great price incl. installation. When I bought mine the install was $400 less electrical which I did myself. Mine runs on 220V. I'm not a commercial shop either but also have a Sice tire machine and Coats computer balancer. I work on all my own vehicles plus a lot of classic cars for friends.

/ Vehicle Lifts #9  

Good deal!!! I have a MAXJAX (I only have a 10' ceiling) and have to admit it has been really handy and nice to have. Saves a lot of crawling around even with a lower lift height. Think you will really like yours!!

/ Vehicle Lifts #10  
My buddy has a 10,000lb BendPak lift in his shop. He uses it all the time......I use it to change oil on all our vehicles including my 3/4 ton chevy pick up. His lift is a two post.........I believe he payed a little under $3K for it about 8 years ago. Sure is nice.....beats crawling under cars.

That's what I have- also like kenmac the 1st requirement was that it had to easily lift my Ram Diesel