Warranty misleading

/ Warranty misleading #41  
This thread has me thinking I can tell you that. I am back dragging all the time on the driveway. But I always float the bucket with a slight tilt forward. Never use it without floating. And maybe I am missing something entirely but I can't see how that bends the shaft. I understand that it's extended and at it weakest point. But correct if I am wrong I float it going backwards it should be fine right? I understand the possibility even floating it forward that if I meet that unmovable object it's gonna be hard on equipment. And when running forward the bucket is as close to level with the surface or slightly up as so to avoid that even with floating it going forward. So Am I also wrong for doing so? And if so please tell me so as I would rather take a scolding from you all here than my wallet

I don't see any issue with back dragging in float, particularly with the bucket only slightly rolled forward. The further out the cylinders are, the greater chance of damage. Add the weight on the bucket plus the pulling power of the tractor is asking for problems when the fel is not in float.
I'm sure you're fine with how you're operating. The vast majority of damaged curl cylinders is from working a scut or cut like it was a giant bulldozer.
I back drag all the time with full weight on the fel... but the bucket is either flat or on the heel.

/ Warranty misleading #42  
This thread has me thinking I can tell you that. I am back dragging all the time on the driveway. But I always float the bucket with a slight tilt forward. Never use it without floating. And maybe I am missing something entirely but I can't see how that bends the shaft. I understand that it's extended and at it weakest point. But correct if I am wrong I float it going backwards it should be fine right? I understand the possibility even floating it forward that if I meet that unmovable object it's gonna be hard on equipment. And when running forward the bucket is as close to level with the surface or slightly up as so to avoid that even with floating it going forward. So Am I also wrong for doing so? And if so please tell me so as I would rather take a scolding from you all here than my wallet
No scolding from me as that is EXACTLY how I do it as well. When I back drag with the heel of the bucket, the loader is ALWAYS in float mode, no exceptions. Locking the cylinders at full extension or anywhere in between with the rods extended is inviting them to bend.

Even if I use the cutting edge of the bucket to back drag with (which is rare for me), it's ALWAYS in the float position. Far as moving forward I don't put it in float simply because the cutting edge will tend to dig in but at the same time, I'm keenly aware of the limitations of my loaders and what they will withstand and bot of my loaders are well capable of very heavy loads, both driven and shock loads.

/ Warranty misleading #44  
That should never happen . Loader should take that .

/ Warranty misleading #45  
Sorry, you are 100% wrong. The mfgs specifically tell you not to do it that way.

These are tractors, not track or skid loaders.

/ Warranty misleading #46  
No, had blade straight down
It does supposedly have a good warranty on drive line and my paperwork reflects it, course this was before TYM. But not even a phone call response is pretty poor customer service.
Looks to me like it's a bucket, not a blade and no matter what brand it is, that is plain and simple abuse. You never back drag with the bucket in ANY position except flat on the ground or with it tipped slightly up and you always use the heel of the bucket to back drag anything.

That damage is 100% on you. Got nothing to do with heat treat or anything else other than your abusive use.

/ Warranty misleading #48  

I agree that there are many "older" tractors in the under 60 hp range that never had problems back dragging with the front of the bucket.

I think it is related to the rod size.

Many older machines had 1 1/2 rods and ~3" cylinders.

Today everybody is downsizing those hydraulic cylinders and maybe the steel is not as tough as the older stuff either. I have blown hoses on both the old Ford 3000 and the Rhino with Koyker but never bent a rod back dragging with the buckets front lip and front tires in the air. Obviously not fully extending the rods and bucket to over 90* either.
Catch something immovable and something will give. If I bought a new LS TYM JD etc in the under 70 HP range would I do what I do with the old Koyker? or Fords...
Nope I would not.

/ Warranty misleading #49  
I agree that there are many "older" tractors in the under 60 hp range that never had problems back dragging with the front of the bucket.

I think it is related to the rod size.

Many older machines had 1 1/2 rods and ~3" cylinders.

Today everybody is downsizing those hydraulic cylinders and maybe the steel is not as tough as the older stuff either. I have blown hoses on both the old Ford 3000 and the Rhino with Koyker but never bent a rod back dragging with the buckets front lip and front tires in the air. Obviously not fully extending the rods and bucket to over 90* either.
Catch something immovable and something will give. If I bought a new LS TYM JD etc in the under 70 HP range would I do what I do with the old Koyker? or Fords...
Nope I would not.

That bold part is the key as to why you never hard issues with your old Ford, nor you would with any of these new tractors.

/ Warranty misleading #50  
For some reason, since COVID, it almost became a trend of owning a tractor, so loads and loads of tractors were sold. A big portion of these new tractors were sold to new tractor owners that completely new to the tractor world or any equipment for that matter.

They're completely clueless how to operate a tractor, specially how to properly use the loader. Heck, lots of them can't even do a basic bolt and nut check or simply check the fluids.

This eventually leads to a big rise in cases like this or broken front axle parts, bent loader frames, bent loader mounts, etc, which tends to make look way worse than it is because it happens so often.

Then when some folks see a tractor with a loader, they have a natural inclination to treat their tractor like a skidsteer or a bulldozer for some reason.

I'm honestly surprised how many of these loader related failures (cylinders, front axles, bent SSQA frames, etc) gets covered under warranty from the manufacturers, when it's clear that the tractors have been abused, even if the owners may think they weren't.

I've read posts from people that had their cylinders replaced under warranty like 2 or 3 times.