Warranty misleading

/ Warranty misleading #51  
Exactly. If you look at the OP's picture, he had the cylinder rods EXTENDED FULLY.

My only suggestion to the OP is either buy new cylinders or have them rebuilt with new rods and don't do that again

/ Warranty misleading #52  
For some reason, since COVID, it almost became a trend of owning a tractor, so loads and loads of tractors were sold. A big portion of these new tractors were sold to new tractor owners that completely new to the tractor world or any equipment for that matter.

They're completely clueless how to operate a tractor, specially how to properly use the loader. Heck, lots of them can't even do a basic bolt and nut check or simply check the fluids.

This eventually leads to a big rise in cases like this or broken front axle parts, bent loader frames, bent loader mounts, etc, which tends to make look way worse than it is because it happens so often.

Then when some folks see a tractor with a loader, they have a natural inclination to treat their tractor like a skidsteer or a bulldozer for some reason.

I'm honestly surprised how many of these loader related failures (cylinders, front axles, bent SSQA frames, etc) gets covered under warranty from the manufacturers, when it's clear that the tractors have been abused, even if the owners may think they weren't.

I've read posts from people that had their cylinders replaced under warranty like 2 or 3 times.
What I find amazing is, the amount of owner abuse the smaller tractors take before failing. To me, that alone is a testament to their build quality. Guy down the road a ways has a smaller Branson with a backhoe on it and he constantly drags the tractor around with the bucket. Told him that is a bad idea but he totally ignores me. It will fail eventually and he will blame it on the dealer (the dealer is up town btw) and bad mouth the unit when the impending failure is all on him.

/ Warranty misleading #53  
That bold part is the key as to why you never hard issues with your old Ford, nor you would with any of these new tractors.

I Also make sure weight is hung on the 3 point as well.
We have some spots where the bottom went out and kids 4 wheeled them making deep ruts.
Pretty amazing how that mud fills back in the ruts by back dragging with pressure.

Again front tires in the air... Not float. Steer with the rear brakes.
Still not sure I would do this with a new CUT tractor, and definitely not going to "recommend it" to anyone.

/ Warranty misleading #54  
Yes it is, which imho means the oem prob should have addressed it a very long time ago, cost would have been relatively minor to have used a beefier ram shaft, who doesnt use a tractor to back drag

I agree that there are many "older" tractors in the under 60 hp range that never had problems back dragging with the front of the bucket.

I think it is related to the rod size.

Many older machines had 1 1/2 rods and ~3" cylinders.
I believe the cause of this new trend of bending curl cylinders is the lack of piston/rod/casing overlap at full extension. Old tractor cylinders (and contractor grade equipment) had way more overlap with their large gland nuts/seals/pistons compared to the very compact modern versions. With little overlap (at full extension), any pressure against a fully extended cylinder may force it to buckle and bend.

Last edited:
   / Warranty misleading #55  
Exactly. If you look at the OP's picture, he had the cylinder rods EXTENDED FULLY.

My only suggestion to the OP is either buy new cylinders or have them rebuilt with new rods and don't do that again

Opened that pic up to full screen . Yep does look like they were fully extended.
Ouch.
I like Branson's, but have heard some parts are pricey. Hopefully these are not to bad price wise

/ Warranty misleading #56  
In as much as they aren't leaking at the seals, I'd take them to a competent hydraulic rebuilder and have new rods fabbed up. Probably cheaper than new OEM cylinder assemblies, maybe.

/ Warranty misleading #57  
They don't use bigger cylinders because they would not fit with the engineering of the rest of the machine. larger diameter rods have larger cylinders and take a larger volume of fluid to actuate causing them to move slower at the same flow rate. They also put out more force because they have a larger surface area to push on. That extra force could overpower the engineering of the rest of the loader. Imagine swapping to a 5" cylinder and then bending the loader under its own power. There is a balance that must be maintained. People do things all the time that put shock loads on machines and bend rods. I've seen it done on massive mining equipment.

/ Warranty misleading #58  
Opened that pic up to full screen . Yep does look like they were fully extended.
Ouch.
I like Branson's, but have heard some parts are pricey. Hopefully these are not to bad price wise
Today, all OEM replacement parts are pricey and getting worse as inflation eats away at the dollar's value. Only will bet worse, not better until the gummit gets a hand on it and I don't see that happening in the near future at all. Just go to the grocery store to experience it first hand, or the filling station or most anywhere you spend your money at.

Welcome to the 'inflation club' we are all charter members in it.

/ Warranty misleading #59  
Guys: most of you are as old as I am. I remember inflation at 7%, with a prime lending rate of over 12%. They called it stagflation. Remember graduating from high school, with high unemployment, and insane interest. Considered myself damned lucky to get a summer job, at an airbase for $4.75/hour Mowing the ball fields.

A few months later, I landed a secret squirrel job, with a defense contractor, that paid more than my Dad made. Couldn’t tell folks where I worked, or what I really worked on even if it wasn’t still “secret”. Which I find humorous, because I see some of it mentioned on the web, from time to time.

So, the bit we have now is minuscule in comparison.

/ Warranty misleading #60  
Except the gap in housing prices and income has never been greater. There is that.