Weed Wiper

/ Weed Wiper #21  
Looks like you just fill the tube and drive until it's empty. How do you know when that is???? Or, do you rig up something to keep it filled during use?

You can see the fluid slowly dripping off the ropes. I stop and check the fluid levels in my three tubes every 15 minutes or so. I carry top off fluid in 2.5 gal containers (pre mixed) so I can top off right in the hayfield.

/ Weed Wiper
From the photos posted it looks like this was being used on flat ground. I'd think it wouldn't work on side hills unless 1) you keep the pipe very full or 2) the rope can wick sufficient amount up into the dry section of pipe. Anyone have any experience using such a rig on hilly fields?

Terry

You could drive up and down the hill. When I was researching I saw somewhere a site where the pipe was in three sections. The outer two were on hinges and were riding on bicycle wheels.

/ Weed Wiper #24  
So about an acre a gallon? Also, at what height do you run with this? are you just off the ground or just hitting the tops of the weeds?

/ Weed Wiper
I ran mine just above the clover so the weeds would get a good wipe.
So about an acre a gallon? Also, at what height do you run with this? are you just off the ground or just hitting the tops of the weeds?