Weight transfer noise

/ Weight transfer noise #1  

zmountaineer

Silver Member
Tractor
4500Z
So I've been using my bucket and grapple extensively in the last couple of weeks. I've put over 40 hours on it in the last 2 weekends. In doing this I am now getting a noise coming from the weight transfer spring when lowering the bucket. I can look at the connection when lowering and it is "popping" at the same point (looks like it jumps then comes back to the same place). This started happening only on weight transfer 4. Once it started happening I played around and checked 3. Didn't happen until yesterday. I check 2 and it does not happen.

Is there a way to tighten the spring? It reverberates significantly upon lowering.

It's impossible for me to get down there to look by myself bc I can only lean so far. There are no obstructions and the spring moves freely when I change positions and appears to seat in the proper notch.

/ Weight transfer noise
I got this fixed. Contacted the dealer and they sent me some pages from the service manual.

The pin was not reaching/seating in the top notch. After the investigation, it was a 2 minute fix.

/ Weight transfer noise #3  
pm sent to zmountaineer

prs