Welding a hydraulic anchor point

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #21  
Poor guy is really confused now. He probably hasn't figured out how to post pictures yet and feels intimidated.

I always avoid commenting with solutions when the whole story is not presented. With pictures we have a basis of analysis and at least then ask further questions to clarify the issue.

No pictures needs to relate to no help.

Ron
Yeah, the OP really needs to post pictures. As a competent weldor I can give some advice but I have no idea what his tractor looks like in general or the broken weld in particular.
Eric

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #22  
Yup. Need pics.

HE didnt even mention which anchor point.

Assuming no thumb....there are like 7 cylinders on a typical hoe. Each with two ends that need anchored. Some are predominantly compression, some tension, others about 50/50. All would make a difference about how I go about a repair...or more specifically how I reinforce the repair beyond simply welding it back together.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #23  
I don't think anyone asked if the cylinder might already be bent. That could have caused the repaired base to break. Once again, a picture would help.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #24  
IF you properly clean your metal, and IF you properly bevel everything, and IF you know what you’re doing it’ll probably be fine. But if you slap it back together and run a bird crap weld you’ll be back in the same spot you are now. Possibly worse because if one side fails and the other holds there’s a good chance of bending the cylinder.
Yup... Never both pieces and fill your way out until flush

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #25  
On something like this i would use a stick welder, as already noted clean it good.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #26  
Hi I'm new here. Just acquired a kubota B6000. It has a loader and a backhoe.
When I bought it I noticed one of the hydraulic cylinder anchor points had been obviously welded. Well figuring it was done well I wanted to try out the hoe. Well wouldn't ya know it I hadn't barely touched the ground to rotate and dig with the bucket and clink, the weld on this one point just came away. Obviously not a very well weld I must say.
I'm wondering if a 110 mig welder will be good enough weld 1/8" plate reinforcement and be good enough to weld the "ears" pivot points to the 1/8" plate.
Good enough for you to try it, why not, man go for it!

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #27  
Exactly,
Go for it, I go to school most every day whenever I'm working a problem or making a repair for me it's good ole OTJ training. Besides that old man google is your friend.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #28  
Since it already broke at least twice, its time to pay a Professional Welder to do the repair. Ask your dealer to recommend someone and also call around. I would start by calling a few machine shops and weld shops. It not a complicated Weld Job...but needs to be done right.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #29  
On thing I have not read as a comment is the likelihood that this will be out of position welding. A moderately skilled welder with adequate equipment might create an acceptable weld repair if the weld is done in an optimum position, yet ruin the same job out of position. I have always made a point of disassembling my welding repair projects enough to assure that I can weld in the most favourable position.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #30  
I would want a weld shop to look at it and do that job. Tractors cost too much to attempt saving money on that type of job.