Welding Hooks to a front end loader

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader #11  
My bucket is pretty solid where the hooks are mounted (close to the loader arms).
I used the bolt on style from "Bolt On Hooks" mentioned several times above... Quality stuff, and they came with all required hardware. Their products are torture tested (destructive testing) for quality assurance!

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader
I like the idea of a 2 inch receiver in the middle and welded on hooks close to the SSQA mounts. the receiver gives you a lot of options later on.
Can you explain what you mean by a 2 inch receiver?

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader #13  
The 2 inch square tube similar to what is found on back of PU trucks for inserting a tow ball (hitch) ...

Weld on version..

Bolt on version...

Many variations or possible "receivers", GOOGLE IMAGE search "receiver hitch"...

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader #14  
Here is one of mine on the brush fork frame:
P8080006.JPG

It is the best way to move a trailer:
P8080010.JPG
P8080016.JPG

Even a small trailer:
P8080020.JPG

And dump it:
P8080021.JPG
P8080027.JPG

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader #15  
I have the bolt on version but welded it on to my bucket in the middle.

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader
The 2 inch square tube similar to what is found on back of PU trucks for inserting a tow ball (hitch) ...

Weld on version..

Bolt on version...

Many variations or possible "receivers", GOOGLE IMAGE search "receiver hitch"...
Thanks for the answer, I feel dumb about that question now 😅

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader #18  
I used Ken's bolt on hooks on my Kioti. I felt the bases that are on the hooks would provide extra support.
The center of the factory Kioti bucket has angle welded on for extra support. I placed the clevis/plate mount inside the bucket. (Need longer bolts) The outside hook bolts go through a 3/4" pipe as a spacer to sandwich between top and inner bucket.
The bucket is definitely not built as heavy duty as the one on my old machine. I am just realistic in what I do with this bucket and hooks.
Note..I saw that Ken recommended to not paint the hooks..... after I painted the hooks. Don't paint them!

Attachments

• 20220316_070405.jpg
    20220316_070405.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 143
  • 20220316_070352.jpg
    20220316_070352.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 137
   / Welding Hooks to a front end loader #19  
never needed hooks on my bucket, I use my forks for that kind of work. Tweak your bucket bad enough it can mess up your FEL.

/ Welding Hooks to a front end loader #20  
Here's what mine looks like. The hooks are inline with the loader arms. I do have pallet forks for big work, but for a quick "grab something" these hooks work great.
IMG_1155.JPG